Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dana White will push B.J. Penn to retire if Penn loses to Frankie Edgar

awesome ill check it out

Wow Rugby love found in a BJ thread. The message boards never cease to amaze.

I bet you two will make great looking little Rugby players together, best of luck. JK
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Quote Originally Posted by beardown98 View Post

I bet you two will make great looking little Rugby players together, best of luck. JK
    If you really want to get a reaction from them all you need to say is that the only real form of rugby is Union and League is for pussies

I'm really looking forward to the BJ fight even though I will probably be disappointed with the result. If that fight was on the PPV then UFC 175 would be stacked!

BJ Penn hints at retirement even after a win on Sunday night: 'Isn't that the best way to leave?'
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/3/...day-night-isnt
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by beardown98 View Post

Lulz, yeah, well I created a thread for us to talk about it so we'll quit boring everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    If you really want to get a reaction from them all you need to say is that the only real form of rugby is Union and League is for pussies
    I've played both (far more Rugby than League) and I wouldn't say either sport was for pussies. I'll watch both equally happily, (although if there's a head to head Rugby takes it especially if the All Blacks are playing). I know a fair few fans of both codes who refuse to watch the other, think it's shit, etc, and never really understood that.

Anyway, BJ I think has a really good chance if he can restrict Edgar's movement. Throw leg kicks, long hooks and head kicks to stop his lateral movement and keep him standing in front of him. Edgar likes to level change a lot so that's a natural fit for BJ's nasty uppercut. I'm interested if BJ can retain his power at the lighter weight class.

Edgar could use leg kicks himself especially if BJ comes out with his narrow stance. Outside low kick to buckle the lead leg all day. Body shots to soften up BJs midsection and test his cardio.

No way rugby fans on here! Ive met a grand total of zero fellow rugby fans outside of the die hards on the rugby team at my undergrad.

I was 100% trolling as League is widely considered to be tougher physically than Union. We had the League World Cup here last year and barely anyone noticed as it is a niche sport at best whereas Union is the 2nd or 3rd most popular sport in the UK. I'm not a big fan of either but will occasionally catch an England Union game.

Who does Edgar fight next? Although this weight class is much better for him I don't want to see him fight for the title again whilst Aldo is champion. I doubt he ever moves back up to LW unless he has to but I find his potential matches there a lot more interesting.

I'm unsure if anyone mentioned this, but I was shocked at seeing the betting odds for this fight. Frankie is a 10 to 1 favorite over Penn! I personally would've thought it would be a 2 (or 2.5) to 1 favorite

Frankie Edgar: -1050
    BJ Penn: +550

Wow. That is absurd.

I can totally understand why an Englishman doesnt follow rugby/league i mean us Aussies smash you guys all the time i suppose you no longer follow cricket either since you guys were smashed in the ashes, i guess you'll always be better at soccer but, woops i mean football.

Sorry ��i couldn't help myself
    Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    I was 100% trolling as League is widely considered to be tougher physically than Union. We had the League World Cup here last year and barely anyone noticed as it is a niche sport at best whereas Union is the 2nd or 3rd most popular sport in the UK. I'm not a big fan of either but will occasionally catch an England Union game.

Who does Edgar fight next? Although this weight class is much better for him I don't want to see him fight for the title again whilst Aldo is champion. I doubt he ever moves back up to LW unless he has to but I find his potential matches there a lot more interesting.

Thread Information