+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Weidman: 'I'm going to break Lyoto Machida's will'

Default Chris Weidman: 'I'm going to break Lyoto Machida's will'

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...180811689.html

UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman isn't making any bones about his overall strategy for fighting Lyoto Machida this Saturday in the main event of UFC 175. The young title-holder plans to get and stay in the former light heavyweight champion's face until he breaks "The Dragon."
    "Stylistically [Machida's] going to be the same as he was at 205. Going down might make him feel a little quicker, a little stronger and maybe give him more confidence," Weidman said during a recent interview on The Great MMA Debate podcast.
    "I'm expecting a very confident Lyoto Machida, but I'm going to break his will."
    Weidman doesn't have anything personal against Machida - it's just that "The All-American" strives to psychologically break each and every one of his opponents inside the cage. "100%. That's the goal," he said.
    "I feel like anyone at middleweight, when I have a full training camp, I'm going to go out there and finish them. That's my mentality. I won't stop. The whole fight will be me trying to finish him. If it goes five rounds, I'm not losing the decision because I'm almost finishing him the whole time. I'm always prepared for a war, but I'm looking for the finish the whole time. I won't be happy unless I finish him."

"He's imposing his will on his opponent"-Mike Goldberg

Yes.

The dragonslayer, Chris Weidman.

This will be the first time that I have rooted for Weidman (dont dislike him at all just the last 2 fights he fighting my boy Anderson); I hope he smashes Machida really bad. Like Shogun vs Machida II bad or Jones vs Machida bad.

I want to see the Dragon get put to sleep!

War Weidman!!!

What do you have against Machida? He's boys with boy Anderson Silva. You guys are boys by proxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I'm surprised nobody has made a bigger deal out of Machida's loyalty to Anderson. The guy fought a full weight class above his norm for more than half a decade because he didn't want to distract from Silva's reign or end up in a situation where they'd have to fight.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

7. Default

Chris slipped under the radar with me until he beat Silva. My concern is Chris's style/ reflexs so set up to beat Anderson Silva that he'll fail with others. Machida will be a strong test for my concern.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Chris slipped under the radar with me until he beat Silva. My concern is Chris's style/ reflexs so set up to beat Anderson Silva that he'll fail with others. Machida will be a strong test for my concern.
    What makes you think his style is only effective against Silva? Chris excels in the basics of MMA and has fantastic wrestling; I think he will be just fine.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    What do you have against Machida? He's boys with boy Anderson Silva. You guys are boys by proxy.
    No, no. I dont follow that proxy shit. Anderson knows we have beef but he is neutral in the situation.

Is it because of the pee drinking thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information