Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stefan Struve

Default Stefan Struve

I’m going to go out on a limb and say this guy starts burning up the HW rankings and closes out 2015 with a title fight.
    If he stays healthy that is. He appears to have finely grown in to his body and if so his "man strength” is going to start having an effect in the fights
    I have always been a fan of his I’ve often thought he was pushed too hard at too young of an age.
    I really hope this 2nd chapter goes extremely well for him.

I hope you're right, but I can't see it. He's tough as nails but just has way too much trouble with the heavy hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

For those things to happen he will have had to drastically improved his defensive striking and learned to utilize his reach during his layoff. I like Struve, he's always in good fights and I hope he can make a run of it cos I don't have the stomach to watch him get brutally KO'd many more times.

3 of the 4 dudes who did ko him are one punch knock out kind of guys so no shame in them knock outs. but yeah its no good for the long term lol

My fear is that those big KO's have affected his chin...

Not just that, but he has a terrible habit of keeping his chin way up in the air while striking. Combined with his height practically invites people to throw a big overhand and ko him.

He also has a bad habit of backing straight up instead of circling away which makes him susceptible to being swarmed.

I'm gonna say he gets knocked out at least once more before and during 2015.

He's got the physical tools and the technique is only getting sharper but he gets hit too much for a guy his size and he just doesn't exercise the size advantage he does and it's cost him many times in the past.

Until he learns to fight like a giant and exploit his size, he'll tap out guys like a Mitrione or a Schaub but there's a good portion of MMA's top 20 HWs that I think could crack him.

He is a good fighter, that is for sure. But he will not get anywehere near to a title shot. He will beat Mitrione, but he will not beat JDS, Cain, Overeem, Browne or even BigFoot.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information