Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glover Teixeira vs. Phil Davis possible, nothing finalized yet

Default Glover Teixeira vs. Phil Davis possible, nothing finalized yet

Glover Teixeira vs. Phil Davis possible, nothing finalized yet
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/2/...-finalized-yet
    Neither had the best performance of their careers at UFC 172 in Baltimore, Maryland this past May, but they may just get a chance to redeem themselves. Coincidentally, it could be a bout opposite one another.

According to a report by Ariel Helwani on Fox Sports 1's UFC Tonight on Wednesday, a bout between UFC light heavyweight Glover Teixiera and Phil Davis has been discussed. Helwani noted the bout was possible and if it did take place, would be set for the fall of this year, but nothing has yet been finalized.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Phil easily outpoints Glover

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Phil easily outpoints Glover
    You're saying Phil Davis will easily out strike Glover and win a UD?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

Really?

Don't you think Phil gets tooled on the feet and has a hard time keeping Glover down?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

interesting. The guy who fought for the title gets a guy who got dominated by Anthony Johnson while Johnson has to fight Lil Nog.

UFC match making at its finest.

Baker via uppercut from hell.

Davis won't have a chance to take it to the ground. Glover takes this in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I was never sold on Glover. I said his fight with Jones would look similar to Jones vs Rampage. He's slow and flat footed. Davis ain't all that great but he's quicker and more athletic. Glover has a punchers chance imo. But Davis is just so timid and awkward on the feet, he will try avoiding as many exchanges as he can.

And we haven't really seen much of Glover on his back either, so like I said. He's gotta punchers chance at best imo.

If Davis wins it's going to be by some awful fight that looks a lot like Machida/Davis.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    interesting. The guy who fought for the title gets a guy who got dominated by Anthony Johnson while Johnson has to fight Lil Nog.

UFC match making at its finest.
    I actually don't mind this one too much. Rumble said that he didn't feel ready and wanted more LHW fights under his belt while, presumably, the UFC is looking to build up his fanbase. And Glover is getting the "back to the back of the line" treatment that I think everyone should get after losing a title shot. It gives him a path forward while allowing other challengers to emerge. I think that's fair.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    If Davis wins it's going to be by some awful fight that looks a lot like Machida/Davis.
    I was thinking Davis/Prado II. Especially because few have Machida's TDD and distance, which is what forced Phil to stand. But yes, ugly either way.

Thread Information