Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T.J. Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao likely set for UFC 177 in Sacramento

Default T.J. Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao likely set for UFC 177 in Sacramento

T.J. Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao likely set for UFC 177 in Sacramento
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/2/...-in-sacramento
    Recently crowned UFC bantamweight champion after a dominant victory over Renan Barao, Dillashaw will likely have to do it again on August 30, as MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani reported on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight on FOX Sports 1 that the UFC is close to giving Barao an immediate at UFC 177 in Sacramento, California.

UFC 177 was tentatively planned for Las Vegas, Nevada, but appears to be moving to the new champion's home town.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I figured they may have done the rematch in Brazil but going to Dillashaw's home town will be even more advantage

Sorry to say to Barao, because he really is a gifted fighter, but for him to receive an automatic rematch is probably the worst automatic rematch given to a fighter after losing a title.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Sorry to say to Barao, because he really is a gifted fighter, but for him to receive an automatic rematch is probably the worst automatic rematch given to a fighter after losing a title.
    Yeah it makes no sense Dillishaw controls the entire fight and finishes him that just doesn't warrant an automatic rematch. Especially with it only being his forth title defense and other contenders waiting in the wings

Yawn. No interest in seeing this fight again. I feel like this will do even worse in the buys department than the last one which did really bad.

I'll say this, TJ utterly dominated the entire fight and I'm not a fan of this rematch, however Barao did look like garbage and word going around the days leading up to the fight was that Barao had an ultra-shitty camp and had to come down from a high starting weight and had a miserable weight cut, so I'm curious if we didn't see the "best" TJ versus the "worst" Barao. So in that case, I'll be interested to see how he looks in the rematch and see if this time, we see a better Barao performance and how TJ handles it....

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    and word going around the days leading up to the fight was that Barao had an ultra-shitty camp and had to come down from a high starting weight and had a miserable weight cut, so I'm curious if we didn't see the "best" TJ versus the "worst" Barao.
    Of coruse he did. This is Brazilian excuse #33547 in their book of excuses when losing a fight.

I think any title fight under 155 needs to be matched up with another title above itself. It would really help bring more attention to those champions, something they lack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Of coruse he did. This is Brazilian excuse #33547 in their book of excuses when losing a fight.
    Every fighter has a reason or excuse for losing and it is rarely that their opponent is better than them, it is far from being an exclusively Brazilian trait.

If Barao doesn't grant Dilleshaw an immediate rubber match after beating him, this will be even more offensive.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information