+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T.J. Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao likely set for UFC 177 in Sacramento

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    Every fighter has a reason or excuse for losing and it is rarely that their opponent is better than them, it is far from being an exclusively Brazilian trait.
    Very, very seldom are Brazilian graceful losers. Always some bullshit excuse or "they got lucky" or some childish shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Sorry to say to Barao, because he really is a gifted fighter, but for him to receive an automatic rematch is probably the worst automatic rematch given to a fighter after losing a title.
    You sir, are absolutely right

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I'll say this, TJ utterly dominated the entire fight and I'm not a fan of this rematch...
    Which is why this fight shouldn't happen. (not yet anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    If Barao doesn't grant Dilleshaw an immediate rubber match after beating him, this will be even more offensive.

rh
    No. Just no. This immediate rematch talk is absolute bullshit. If we go for an immediate trilogy I'm going to fucking lose it. Once someone looses, they need to step the fuck aside and let the next guy in line fight for the title. It's not like the fight was remotely close or controversial in any way, shape, or form. It was an absolute blow out. The title shot belongs to Assuncao or Mizugaki.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Barao should at least need to win a match before getting a rematch. This is just a fuckin joke.

Who is supposed to be next in line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

This fight really doesn't make much sense at all. TJ dominated Barao every minute of that fight, and to put the icing on the cake, finished him off in the 5th. There are few performances, if any, at that high level, that stands out as much as TJ's. If Barao won one or two fights versus other top contenders in amazing fashion, then people would be interested in seeing this more. It's hard to sell it after how Barao looked. After fights like GSP-Serra or Weidman-Silva, people thought they were flukes as the fight was short and was a result of a "lucky punch", but no one was calling fluke on this one.

The best we could do to build interest around this fight is that we have to play up the "bad camp", "bad weight-cut" and "wasn't the same for the remainder of the fight after the big punch in the 1st round".

This is not to say Barao can't win, but a lot of us aren't convinced which hurts the interest for the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    No. Just no. This immediate rematch talk is absolute bullshit. If we go for an immediate trilogy I'm going to fucking lose it.
    I'm not in favor of Barao getting this fight. Not at all.

That being said, I think he wins this one, and that sucks. If he does, I think Dilleshaw should be rewarded for giving him an utterly undeserved rematch.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Am I the only one that thought the second round was close. I didn't think the one judge giving it to Barao was a terrible call.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Who is supposed to be next in line?
    The guy that would have fought Barao if he wasn't an injured, Assuncao
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

If Barao doesn't grant Dilleshaw an immediate rubber match after beating him, this will be even more offensive.

rh
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    This fight really doesn't make much sense at all. TJ dominated Barao every minute of that fight, and to put the icing on the cake, finished him off in the 5th. There are few performances, if any, at that high level, that stands out as much as TJ's. If Barao won one or two fights versus other top contenders in amazing fashion, then people would be interested in seeing this more. It's hard to sell it after how Barao looked. After fights like GSP-Serra or Weidman-Silva, people thought they were flukes as the fight was short and was a result of a "lucky punch", but no one was calling fluke on this one.

The best we could do to build interest around this fight is that we have to play up the "bad camp", "bad weight-cut" and "wasn't the same for the remainder of the fight after the big punch in the 1st round".

This is not to say Barao can't win, but a lot of us aren't convinced which hurts the interest for the fight.
    all of this sums everything up how I feel about this rematch.. Dont like it at all, the fight was NOT CLOSE. TJ Dominated..

and Kale you gave Barao a round? I dont see it but wont argue the fact, in my eyes I watched pure domination. I was however pretty much just jumping up and down excited as shit because going into the fight I thought Dillashaw had a helluva fight on his hands and he performed above and beyond my expectations. Great performance..

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    and Kale you gave Barao a round? I dont see it but wont argue the fact, in my eyes I watched pure domination. I was however pretty much just jumping up and down excited as shit because going into the fight I thought Dillashaw had a helluva fight on his hands and he performed above and beyond my expectations. Great performance..
    I gave all five to TJ, but I thought the second one was close enough that it wasn't a terrible judging to give it Renan. I also thought the first first minutes of the first round was competitive up until the knock down. The rest was domination.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

rh
    For real. This fight would be so much better a fight or two down the road. At least then Borao would have a chance to dominate someone and remind us he is a badass. Meanwhile TJ can defend the belt once or twice and look like a legit champ. As it is, this fight seems pointless and if Borao wins, then what? A rubber match sounds atrocious at that point, but it looks like utter bs if they don't give one to TJ.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information