Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrei Arlovski meets 'Bigfoot' Silva at UFC fight Night 51 in Brazil

1. Default Andrei Arlovski meets 'Bigfoot' Silva at UFC fight Night 51 in Brazil

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/report-...t-51-in-brazil

Antonio Silva won’t waste any time getting back to work when his suspension wraps up – and he apparently will be doing it at home in a rematch.

According to a report from Brazilian news outlet Globo, “Bigfoot” Silva (18-5 MMA, 2-2 UFC) will meet former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (22-10 MMA, 11-4 UFC) in September in his home city of Brasilia, Brazil’s capital, at UFC Fight Night 51.

Citing sources close to the UFC, Globo said verbal agreements for the bout are in place. A UFC official could not immediately confirm the bout to MMAjunkie.

UFC Fight Night 51 is set for Sept. 13 at Nilson Nelson Gymnasium in Brasilia. It is not yet known if Silva-Arlovski will be the event’s headliner, but a high placement on the card is a certainty. The event is expected to air on FOX Sports 1 and stream on UFC Fight Pass, likely as a lead-in to the Season 20 premiere of “The Ultimate Fighter.”

Silva and Arlovski first fought at a Strikeforce event in May 2010, a fight that Silva won by unanimous decision, part of Arlovski’s four-fight losing skid between 2009 and 2011.

Silva most recently fought this past December in a “Fight of the Year” candidate against Mark Hunt at UFC Fight Night 33 in Australia. The fight ended in a majority draw, but was overturned to a no-contest after Silva tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone and was suspended by the UFC for nine months. That suspension will be only a few days in the rearview mirror when UFC Fight Night 51 takes place. A little more than a year ago, on a two-fight winning streak, Silva challenge heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez for the title, but lost by first-round TKO.

Arlovski returned to the UFC for the first time in more than six years in June and took a somewhat controversial split decision from Brendan Schaub at UFC 174, giving him three wins in a row and five of his past six. After leaving the UFC in 2008, Arlovski fought for Afflicdtion, EliteXC, Strikeforce, ProElite, ONE FC and WSOF, among others, and eventually earned his way back to the promotion.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I hope Andrei shook all the rust off and comes back alot stronger with a performance leaps and bounds above what he showed against Brendan Schaub or Bigfoot ends his night quickly.

surprised they didnt feed Arlovski to Overeem.. I'm glad that fight didnt get scheduled tho! I'd like to see Andre retire successfully and on a good note with his return to the UFC
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I know it's pointless and would most likely suck but I was hoping they'd put together Arlovski vs. Mir. Just an old school fight that should have happened back in the day.

Bigfoot. Easy.

Arlovksy looked absolutely terrible against Schaub. BigFoot is gonna win this one.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Man I would love to see Pit Bull wreck shop but I just fear against Silva he is going to get hurt and bad.
    He isn't someone you can make a mistake with, especially if you are a narcoleptic when fists are involved.

Arlovski's chin doesn't like the odds in this fight.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Well Arlovksi's chin already survived 3 rounds against BigFoot.
    He has not been KOd in more than 3 years.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Man I would love to see Pit Bull wreck shop but I just fear against Silva he is going to get hurt and bad.
    He isn't someone you can make a mistake with, especially if you are a narcoleptic when fists are involved.
    you and me both sir! I got faith in him, just thinking maybe he had alot of nerves and jitters along with some rust against Schaub.. Hoping anyways... He has stayed awake against Bigfoot for the distance before, I think he can take it again.. err I hope
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I've gotta go with Bigfoot unfortunately. But if Arlovski comes in confident and Bigfoot comes in nervous he might be able to take it. Andrei's ground game is very underrated imo, his sambo has always been relatively solid

Thread Information