Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrei Arlovski meets 'Bigfoot' Silva at UFC fight Night 51 in Brazil

Bigfoot should take this pretty easily, but if Arlovski has a good camp the fight could be pretty competitive. Oh well, Andrei always has a punchers chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

man, I like both guys but since arlovski used to be my favourite fighter, I'll be pulling for him to win.

I like Arlovski, and would like to see him do well, but Bigfoot is a tall order. I don't see this going well at all for Andrei.

I thought Bigfoot was getting some surgery to remove his tumour sooner?

Unless the Bigfoot forgets how to fight, I think he walks right through Andrei, which fucking sucks as a fan of Arlovski's....

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I thought Bigfoot was getting some surgery to remove his tumour sooner?
    That's the last I heard too. Maybe they think he'll recover very quickly from that??

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Well Arlovksi's chin already survived 3 rounds against BigFoot.
    He has not been KOd in more than 3 years.
    That Big Foot was a very different striker than the one today. Both his striking and confidence have improved dramatically. He's a heavy hitter with long reach going against a guy who backs straight up when hit. I'm a big AA fan but when you add in the strength of Big Foot's grappling, this is a tough matchup for him to win.

Dana White explains why he put Andrei Arlovski in headliner after lackluster return
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/dana-wh...kluster-return
    “I was disappointed in both of their performances,” White said of Arlovski (22-10 MMA, 11-4 UFC) and Schaub. “It doesn’t mean the guys are never going to fight again. I just let them know how I felt. The fight sucked. I’ve got Schaub hitting me up telling me that he got robbed. I’m like, ‘No, we got robbed.’”

That statement was repeated often after a split decision in favor of Arlovski, who hesitated to engage with the similarly listless Schaub. The fight sapped energy from a seesawing card.

Afterward, Arlovski pleaded with fans not to boo his octagon return, which came five years after a tour of major and minor MMA promotions. Once thought to be spent by a stretch of four straight losses, he rebuilt his record and went 6-1 in his time outside the UFC. White resigned the fighter earlier this year citing a positive relationship and respect for his accomplishments.

In 2005, Arlovski was the face of the UFC heavyweight division and held its heavyweight title after a submission of Tim Sylvia, who later avenged his loss in a pair of wins.

Now 35 years old, “The Pitbull” has a limited amount of time to attempt another title run, and a win over onetime title challenger Antonio Silva, who returns from a nine month suspension due to a failed drug test, would be a good start.

“Guys have bad nights,” White said. “It’s not like I hate Brendan Schaub or Andrei Arlovski because of it. I just hated that fight. You guys know how it is; I’ll always let guys know how I feel about a fight.

“For anybody to be complaining about being robbed in that fight…believe me, I’ve seen some robberies, and that wasn’t a robbery. That could go either way, and at the end of the day, nobody would give a s–t, because the fight was terrible.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

For Arlovski, you can basically break this fight down to this: Prove you can be a top guy or provide the UFC with a good highlight reel KO (with Arlovski being KO'd). I'm leaning towards the latter
    The Jets have won more Superbowls than you have.

This could be Arlovski's last fight, I'm glad the UFC is giving him the small card main event maybe he'll surprise us and take one of Bigfoot's legs home.

I don't fully understand why they brought arlovski back... I mean I like the guy... But it's not as if he's been stellar against lesser competition outside the ufc... Part of me just thinks they brought him back to piss off Tim Sylvia. I understand he's 4-1 in his last five, but again, against lesser competition, and not looking stellar even in some of the wins. But he is a draw a guess... And was winning. Fuck it, I just hope he wins and avenges his loss to silva, whom I dont like for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    I don't fully understand why they brought arlovski back... I mean I like the guy... But it's not as if he's been stellar against lesser competition outside the ufc... Part of me just thinks they brought him back to piss off Tim Sylvia. I understand he's 4-1 in his last five, but again, against lesser competition, and not looking stellar even in some of the wins. But he is a draw a guess... And was winning. Fuck it, I just hope he wins and avenges his loss to silva, whom I dont like for no good reason.
    At first I thought it was just DW doing something he wanted for someone he liked. And I'm sure that's part of it. But looking at the canceled cards and everything else, the UFC needs to dig for as much star power as it can find. And AA a lot easier to bet on getting viewers than a younger guy with a bright future but no current name.

Thread Information