Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NRL 2014 Thread

Cronk is the key, IMO. Thurston is a natural ball runner and truly gifted at putting his outsides into space, but I've never seen him as a genuine back line general to boss the team around the park. So when Cronk was out it took Thurston away from his natural game. Cherry-Evans could get there eventually but needs more time in the bottle.

Cronk directs his teams around the park superbly and excels at option-taking to apply pressure and cement field position. NSW just couldn't get their hands on the ball in good position often enough to be effective. If Crock wasn't out injured it would have been 3-0 QLD.

I was also pleased to see how the QLD forwards went, although it's a worry that Parker and Thaiday were the best out there as these younger guys need to step up (Guerra excepted, he went well.) Parker's miracle offloads and Thaiday's Beast Mode opens up so much in attack, so I'm hoping players like McQueen, Jillitt and Papalli can fill their massive boots.

Hadn't heard about Bennett: you'd be a happy man after this week!

Mate we got ya.... So happy man we needed that win so bad otherwise it was four loses on the trot heading into games against doggies,storm manly and souths we needed that confidence still leaking way to many points

Mmanews survival pool season 1 Champion

I enjoy watching some rugby when it is on tv. This is not my discussion poin though. I saw Gorm use the word "cracker" and not in a racially demeaning way towards Caucasians. I like this. My ginger ass wants to use this. Could you give me some appropriate settings for use of the word. "That ball game I saw last night was a cracker!" That means it was awesome right? Wasn't it George castanza who said, "I'm bringing it back."

Edit: it was jay and silent bob that were bringing it back.
    Last edited by MIZjitsZOU; 07-20-2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by The Muss View Post
    Mate we got ya.... So happy man we needed that win so bad otherwise it was four loses on the trot heading into games against doggies,storm manly and souths we needed that confidence still leaking way to many points
    It was an awesome game, really intense, both sides turned up big time. I was really impressed with the Broncos goal line D; the Warriors could have scored another 3 tries (and against most sides probably would have) but the Broncos were just too desperate. It was a good lesson in pressure football for our boys, and they'll be better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I enjoy watching some rugby when it is on tv. This is not my discussion poin though. I saw Gorm use the word "cracker" and not in a racially demeaning way towards Caucasians. I like this. My ginger ass wants to use this. Could you give me some appropriate settings for use of the word. "That ball game I saw last night was a cracker!" That means it was awesome right? Wasn't it George castanza who said, "I'm bringing it back."

Edit: it was jay and silent bob that were bringing it back.
    Yep, 'cracker' is used to describe something positively in Nz/Oz ('cracker of a game' or 'cracker of a pass' that leads to a try, etc) 100% absent of racial connotations in this context. You should definitely bring back the usage!

I told you we needed to swap hoffman and barba and look what happened, hoffman saves three tries and barba has some good touches nearly pulls off a couple of hail mary plays.. You guys will make the finals for sure and probably knock someone out to i reckon..

Miz cracker is the bomb you should definitely bring it back over your way.. Just refer back here every now and then for some Aussie pearlers...

Quote Originally Posted by The Muss View Post
    I told you we needed to swap hoffman and barba and look what happened, hoffman saves three tries and barba has some good touches nearly pulls off a couple of hail mary plays.. You guys will make the finals for sure and probably knock someone out to i reckon..

Miz cracker is the bomb you should definitely bring it back over your way.. Just refer back here every now and then for some Aussie pearlers...
    Yep, you called it. Hoffman was awesome at fullback and Barba looked at home in the halves. With Milford in there next year and possibly Gagai your back line is looking fucking lethal.

I'm happy wih how the Warriors performed, and a loss at this point could actually beneficial (Id rather we get done by a hungrier team now than in the finals). Hopefully the boys bounce back.

Yeah definitely. I haven't even heard about gagai but bennet seems set to return which will be good, good to see them raise so much money for alex mckinnon this week

Apparently Gagai wants out of his Knights contract ASAP, and him being a former Bronco and growing up with Hoffman word is he wants to go back to Brissy.

Alot going on this week bro with all the drama at manly yet still on too.playing great footy, panthers and dogs loosing two on the trot, broncos about to get knocked out of top 8, warriors looking like they are going to give every top team fits especially over at home and darius having a breakdown, now robbie farrah and tallis are at heads about mick potter scandal crazy time in the NRL i just hope the broncs can grab the opportunity to topple manly while this shit is going on..

It was a hell of a week. I'm glad to see Bennett back at Brisbane and I don't give a shit about what he's getting paid. Newcastle need to stop being so butt hurt about it, the commercial reality is that if you stop paying people on time they're going to go elsewhere. Boyd taking time out for depression is a really good thing for him, and I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves Newcastle soon too.

what was the blow up between Farrah and Chewbacca? I hadn't heard that.

Is this the tightest comp in a while? Seems like it. Teams are in and out of the 8 non-stop.

I was hoping the Warriors would roll Manly but - again! - that goal line defence killed us. I think that's 7 tries in the last 2 games that have been denied by bad luck or desperation D. It's really frustrating when you lose while knowing you created enough genuine chances to win!

I think if you guys can execute well you'll beat them. Manly are pretty clinical but we rattled then at times and would have won if we'd converted our chances. If Parker and Thaiday and Jillett can get their offloads going you can hurt them badly.

Thread Information