Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Official UFC 175 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by helipoison View Post
    I dont know where you are coming up with a split decision on the Weidman Machida fight. It was clearly 49-46 with Lyoto winning round 4. I dont agree with the judge that called one round 10-8. All in all the judging was pretty bad all night. Hall sqeaked out with a win when I feel Santos won 29-28 and the first main card bout the just that call it 30-27 was BS also (Same judge ??).
    What the heck are you talking about?

2. Default

just got home. what happend to the struve fight? didnt happen?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48
    I think Chris would destroy Sonnen. His striking is lightyears ahead and wrestling is a toss up but I think Weidman would win however the fuck he wanted to. If he did manage to get taken down i think he'd submit him from the bottom.
    His striking is definitely way better, but I give the wrestling nod to Sonnen due to pure aggressiveness. That same aggressiveness is what I think could throw Weidman for a loop. I would still have to pick Weidman if I were betting, I'm just saying out of all the 185lb'ers, I would have seen him creating the most problems and having the best shot at a win.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    He said he never came close to losing a single round. Rampage won at least one round in that fight. I don't believe it was scored 30-27 by the one judge.
    My bad, I misunderstood your statement I think.

I dont know where you are coming up with a split decision on the Weidman Machida fight. It was clearly 49-46 with Lyoto winning round 4. I dont agree with the judge that called one round 10-8. All in all the judging was pretty bad all night. Hall sqeaked out with a win when I feel Santos won 29-28 and the first main card bout the just that call it 30-27 was BS also (Same judge ??).
    err I'm not sure you were following the conversation... I was referring to Machida/Rampage being a SD not a UD. I'm a redneck but not a moron

I'll say the Brimage fight made me most upset with the judges..that 30-27 final score was ridiculous, I didnt see it anyways and I gave it to Brimage 2rounds-1, him losing the 1st only. I was ok with Uriah Hall, his foot, 'nuff said. Wasnt that bad.
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 07-06-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    struve fainted back stage

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    My bad, I misunderstood your statement I think.

I'll say the Brimage fight made me most upset with the judges..that 30-27 final score was ridiculous, I didnt see it anyways and I gave it to Brimage 2rounds-1, him losing the 1st only. I was ok with Uriah Hall, his foot, 'nuff said. Wasnt that bad.
    Sorry thought you were refering to Weidman Machida... Drunken typing on the phone for the lose. I give Uriah lots of credit for fight 2.5 rounds on a compound fractured toe and quite honestly I'll be the first to say I couldn't do it but he clearly lost the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Sadly, Stefan Struve's career is probably over.. Just not worth the risk to his heart. I wish him all the best
    Sorry thought you were refering to Weidman Machida... Drunken typing on the phone for the lose. I give Uriah lots of credit for fight 2.5 rounds on a compound fractured toe and quite honestly I'll be the first to say I couldn't do it but he clearly lost the fight.
    Tis all good. I'm gonna go re-watch that fight.. I thought it was close and was a toss up that could go either way.
    By the way, nice to see you posting! welcome back
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 07-06-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Never thought I'd feel this way but I think I developed my Ronda crush after tonight. Her athleticism and dominance over other women at this point is undeniable and just plain hot. After her performance tonight, you couldn't help but at least crack a smile for her. It's the same thing that attracted me to Cyborg. Seeing athletic women dominate in a fight and show real technique is a thing of beauty. My dream girl would toss bodies like Ronda.

I don't mean any disrespect, but I never realized how nice Ronda's rack was until I saw the way they bounced in slow motion as she was pounding on Alexis' face. And right after almost effortlessly tossing her on her back. I must say that it was probably one of the hottest things I've ever seen. I need the gifs in every angle they showed now please. It was like a moment of enlightenment.

Weidman.

Man. Thank whoever for delivering us Chris Weidman. I became a fan of his after his UFC début, and fight after fight, I truly believed he had so many qualities as a fighter and as person to become champion. He came in from the shadows and emerged as the man to dethrone the kingpin in Anderson, twice, gaining one of the most prized pair of wins in modern MMA. He overcame all the odds when so many counted him out. One of the things I love about Weidman is that he doesn't have to portray a sense of invincibility because he is not. We're all blood, flesh, and bone. No man is unbeatable. He doesn't need that image of himself because Weidman represents the hard work you put in and the skills you possess, and how you use them in the cage. Weidman puts his skills together and finds his way to win the fight, and has been successful thus far.

When you look at it that way, like his victory tonight, it makes them so much greater that he overcame a great challenge that is Machida. I loved the fight. He shut Machida's game down for the first three rounds and really looked like the man out there. He gassed in the 4th and Machida capitalized, hurting Weidman with some clean strikes, winning the round decisively. It seemed like Weidman was in some serious trouble but he came back in the 5th, and even though Machida had a few more flashes in the last round, he took it what Machida had to give and even taunted him after absorbing his strikes. AND don't anyone forget how he slammed Machida on his ass. No one does that to Machida. Except Chris Weidman. It was also a sight to see Machida bleeding like that. I had a great time watching this fight tonight.

Weidman can be beaten by any of the top MW's in the world. He can also beat any of them. He has all the potential to be a superstar especially here in the USA. I'll go ahead and say it and not give a damn, but Weidman bleeds true American in my eyes and I love it. I'll be loving it every time he notches another victory under his belt.

Oh, I believe I had a sig bet with Mr. Cornute. I'll have it for you soon... Hot, freshly brewed, and coming right up.

Oh, and Uriah Hall was not impressive, even with his mangled toe. Maybe if he added some damage to all the taunting and flash, it'd be a different story.

And it is a very sad turn of events for Strive. The best of luck to him.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 07-06-2014 at 01:32 PM.

1Man the UFC is pissing me off with their erasing history. They talking about Machida's career saying only Phil Davis beat him in rounds...completely leaving out him losing a UD to Rampage
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    For the record, it was a split decision that could of easily gone to Machida.
    He said he never came close to losing a single round. Rampage won at least one round in that fight. I don't believe it was scored 30-27 by the one judge.
    I scored that fight 30-27 for Machida. Which round did you have rampage winning?

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    Go ahead and rain down on this, but the only guy who could really have thrown a wrench into his style is Sonnen, because he would be very aggressive and keep coming forward.
    OK, I'll rain: No. Just...no.

Of the current crop of MWs, Souza has the best chance to take Weidman's belt. He's got great striking and is one of the only guys at 185 with a submission game even close to Chris's. Like Machida, he gives up a little size to Weidman, and I think Chris is a favorite regardless...but not as heavy of a favorite as he is with the rest of the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    His striking is definitely way better, but I give the wrestling nod to Sonnen due to pure aggressiveness. That same aggressiveness is what I think could throw Weidman for a loop. I would still have to pick Weidman if I were betting, I'm just saying out of all the 185lb'ers, I would have seen him creating the most problems and having the best shot at a win.
    Pretending for a moment that sonnen wasn't currently disgraced and would be actually competing anywhere or any time in the future...and then taking that absurd fantasy and adding a thick level of pretend frosting that sonnen could be trusted to not abuse PED's in the future, or that we've seen him at any time in the last few years without the benefit of rampant PED abuse:

In a pure wrestling match, maybe sonnen has the slight edge.

In an MMA match, Weidman beats him 9 out of 10 times. Weidman is as good a wrestler as sonnen, but he's a far, far, far superior grappler than chael can ever hope to be. Their submission games can't even be compared.

Chris also has far better striking and transitions than sonnen.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Oh, and Uriah Hall was not impressive, even with his mangled toe. Maybe if he added some damage to all the taunting and flash, it'd be a different story.
    I thought Hall showed a lot more heart than previously. For me, that was enough. I had bet on him losing the bout.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 07-06-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

lol Davis was fighting the ref longer then she fought Ronda.

Thread Information