Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Official UFC 175 Thread

Really interested on seeing how Jacare would match up with Weidman. Taking down Jacare wouldn't be something anybody wants to do. I don't expect much from Belfort post trt but we'll see.

Weidman hada bad ass gameplan pressuring Machida. Machida should have just started letting lose a lot sooner. Also "weak chinned Machida" showed he could take quite a shot lol.

Anyone else notice Machida grab the fence in the 4th before he started turning it on. I missed the first round of the Hall fight but thought he did pretty good for being that badly injured.

If Machida fought like he did in those last 2 rounds in every round of every fight he'd be Dana's favorite fighter.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    If Machida fought like he did in those last 2 rounds in every round of every fight he'd be Dana's favorite fighter.
    Machida was able to fight like that because Chris was tired after the 3rd round.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

And because he knew he had to get a finish - he already lost by the end of the 3rd if it went to decision.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Machida was able to fight like that because Chris was tired after the 3rd round.
    I thought he was just going for broke and I enjoyed the shit out of it.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Dana White scrum video full replay after UFC 175: 'Weidman vs. Machida' post-fight press conference
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/6/586...conference-mma

Chris Weidman Vs. Lyoto Machida Scorecard From UFC 175: Weidman Earns 10-8, Machida Takes Round 2
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/6/587...-weidman-earns

Chris Weidman's next fight: Vitor Belfort wants title shot after UFC 175; Dana White wants it but unsure
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/6/587...lts-dana-white
    Paging Vitor Belfort:

Now I want what I deserve, MY TITIE SHOT!!! Don't run away!! No excuses!! Agora eu quero o q eu… http://t.co/wZYj8OBVAT
    — Vitor Belfort (@vitorbelfort) July 6, 2014
    UFC President Dana White, however, is exercising caution and furiously pumping the brakes on all that talk.

From the UFC 175 post-fight press conference:

"I think what's next and what everybody would like to see, what I would like to see, and what you would like to see, is probably Vitor Belfort. So let's see what happens with Vitor, if this guy can get his business handled. ... We'll see how this thing plays out, I don't know."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 07-06-2014 at 06:34 PM.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

That middle judge is he brazilian?

-Sam Rockwell

respect to the ufc for paying both show and win to meathead and struve

Rogan explains p*ssed off Dana in cage with Rousey
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...e-with-Rousey/
    From: Joe Rogan 1074 The total sum of your votes up and votes down
    Posted: 31 minutes ago

Just for the record Dana wasn't pissed at me at all. I thought it was actually Dana's idea when the producers interrupted me to get me to ask that question when I was trying to wrap up the interview.

It's incredibly rare that the guys in the truck ever ask me to ask a specific question. Phone Post 3.0
    From: Joe Rogan 1074 The total sum of your votes up and votes down
    Posted: 19 minutes ago

ABE FROMAN -

So....what exactly was he upset about....?

He was upset that someone overstepped their bounds and decided it would be a good idea to ask Ronda to fight again in a month.

Decisions like that always come from Dana and Lorenzo, so when a producer thought it would be a good idea to ask Ronda that before consulting them he was really pissed off. Phone Post 3.0
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

11. 07-06-2014, 07:06 PM

12. 07-06-2014, 07:09 PM

Thread Information