Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Official UFC 175 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    I thought he was just going for broke and I enjoyed the shit out of it.
    Yeah exactly. Weidman did gas in the 4th but got a 2nd win in the 5th. That big shot at the end of the 4th seemed like it woke him up.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Really interested on seeing how Jacare would match up with Weidman. Taking down Jacare wouldn't be something anybody wants to do. I don't expect much from Belfort post trt but we'll see.

Weidman hada bad ass gameplan pressuring Machida. Machida should have just started letting lose a lot sooner. Also "weak chinned Machida" showed he could take quite a shot lol.
    Longo later explained(but media largely ignored) that he chose the wrong wording and said Machida doesn't respond well to getting hit and it seemed like in the first 3 rounds whenever Weidman got a good shot in Machida became very hesitant. I think in the last 2 rounds he knew he lost if he didn't get the finish so he stopped giving a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I scored that fight 30-27 for Machida. Which round did you have rampage winning?

I thought Rampage won the first two and Machida dominated the third but not maybe not enough for a 10-8. Could have been a draw though. But anyway, and I don't mean this in a douchey way but it doesn't really matter how you scored it because none of thejudges scored it that way so Stann was wrong. Machida also lost rounds to Shogun. That was a really stupid thing of him to say

What a great fight!

Weidman did even better than I expected as he imposed his striking on Machida, which is extremely tough to do. I got a little nervous after watching the 4th round, but then Weidman got it back together in the 5th and was still trying to finish after passing, taking the back and attempting the rear-naked choke.

That blitz by Machida at the end was inspiring as well as he was trying to win the fight with 10 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Chris Weidman Vs. Lyoto Machida Scorecard From UFC 175: Weidman Earns 10-8, Machida Takes Round 2
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/6/587...-weidman-earns
    What were the first two judges watching? The 2nd round clearly went to Weidman and the third round was not a 10-8.

It was a very interesting fight, but not a hard one to score. It was clearly 4 to 1 Weidman.

I think its time for the ufc to start spending 3 minutes leading into the main event to discuss the judges like hbo used to do. They need to highlight their decisions in big fights and talk about their questionable calls and backgrounds.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I think its time for the ufc to start spending 3 minutes leading into the main event to discuss the judges like hbo used to do. They need to highlight their decisions in big fights and talk about their questionable calls and backgrounds.
    I would like to see this but I would also like to see experienced guys like Herb Dean, John McCarthy, and the likes who have actually competed and what not to take over on the score cards. I would also like to see the judges having to answer for obviously bad calls. MMA is getting to a cross roads when it comes to judging, and the more bad calls we get the integrity of the sport gets called into question more and more in my humble opinion. Obviously the UFC can do little about this but the commissions really need to get on top of it.

That was the idea. When their face, name, and history of scores is highlighted, it allows fans to see an overall view of who they are.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Weidman is a great fighter. I believe he will be champion for a very long time.
    He very clearly defeated Machida and Anderson. And I think that he will manage to beat Belfort and also Jacare.
    His striking is good, his wrestling is very good, he has submissions, his tank is good, his mindset is also good.

As for Rousey, well it just shows how weak are her opponents. We all knew that Alexis Davis had no business fighting Rousey.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Speaking of Rousey, she is so much more technically sound, stronger and more athletic than the rest of the women. I think it'll take a while before we see the division catch up to her. The only intriguing match to me is Cyborg who is equally (if not more) ferocious and stronger. I think Rousey goes through both Carano and Holm once it hits the ground, which it will.

I was surprised at how much bigger Weidman was than machida. He looks like he could go up a class in a few years.

He is going to be hard to defeat. He has now cemented his spot as champion. I have never thought of Machida as a guy with one punch KO power and that's what I think it will take to defeat Weidman. The man has a chin. I'd say Vigor if he keeps his form post TRT would be his next big challenge. Then Jacare. I think on there feet though Jacare might not have much for Wiedman.

Rousey looked amazing. Such a beast and gets better every time. He attitude sucks sometimes but damn she can fight. She is starting to grow on me.

I have to begrudgenly give Weidman his due. He beat Machida straight up, and I didn't think he would. I love to see a rematch down the road though, because that was an absolute war. I think if Machida would have kept up the attack on the right side of weidman's body, he could have stopped him....I have to admit Weidman proved that he's something special. Not Anderson or Machida special, he's great at the basics and has a few wrinkles like the standing elbow to keep things really intresting. Against Vitor, I think someone goes to sleep inside of 3.

Rousey is one of the most dominant women on the planet, but look out for Rin Nakai who's fighting Miesha Tate in Japan, I've been salivating over the idea of this woman fighting in the UFC, and if she can look good against Miesha, than I see her getting a title shot by early next year. The cyborg fight I don't see happening anytime soon. Like Anderson Silva I can see Rhonda ruling her division for a long time, but like Anderson a real young killer eventually finds you.....

Hall looked good, tough luck on the foot. I think he would have put his opponent away if not for that.

I hope Struve fights again, the guy has some great tools and could be a champ one day if he can put everything together.

Bruce Leeroy is overrated. I like his look and what he brings as a unique character, but he doesn't have the power or skill to fight top ranked fighters and dominate or just win.

Don't sleep on Kevin Casey.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Fuck Weidman. Boring fighter. Rhonda would wreck him.

Thread Information