Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Faber looking for 'Kid' Yamamoto fight next

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    82

    Default

    I would love to see Faber vs Edgar - do it at a catch weight if necessary

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I wouldn't rule out a non title related return to FW for Faber. Fights against Edgar, TKZ, Crusher, and Guida are all $$$. And he's still got the inevitable Cruz III fight at BW.
    Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    I would love to see Faber vs Edgar - do it at a catch weight if necessary
    Faber v Edgar would be a great fight for both guys at this point in their careers and an easy sell with both guys popularity

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    I would love to see Faber vs Edgar - do it at a catch weight if necessary
    They were supposed to be the TUF coaches but I believe both sides couldn't come to an agreement on a CW and I think Dana said he wasn't a fan of doing a CW between the two either, which is why we got BJ instead.

    Word going around is that they're just going to bump Aldo/Mendes II back to October, possibly in Brazil and push for Frankie/Cub in the meantime with Frankie vs. winner of Bermudez/Clay as the fallback.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    They were supposed to be the TUF coaches but I believe both sides couldn't come to an agreement on a CW and I think Dana said he wasn't a fan of doing a CW between the two either, which is why we got BJ instead.

    Word going around is that they're just going to bump Aldo/Mendes II back to October, possibly in Brazil and push for Frankie/Cub in the meantime with Frankie vs. winner of Bermudez/Clay as the fallback.
    Moving Aldo/Mendes to Brazil is big for Aldo.

    Edit:
    Even if they get Edgar/Cub they would still need another fight for the PPV. It was a very top heavy card and Edgar/Cub doesn't come close to replacing Mendes/Aldo.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Moving Aldo/Mendes to Brazil is big for Aldo.

    Edit:
    Even if they get Edgar/Cub they would still need another fight for the PPV. It was a very top heavy card and Edgar/Cub doesn't come close to replacing Mendes/Aldo.
    Chances are they're cancelling the original LA Aldo/Mendes II card unless they can pull out something big.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    I'd rather see Kid take more of a winnable fight. Yamamoto has lost 5 of his last 6 and needs a win in his return. The guy used to be a killer and if he can return to previous form that would be awesome but I don't think Faber would be a good return match for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Moving Aldo/Mendes to Brazil is big for Aldo.
    I think it's appropriate. It's a precedent that's been set where the champ gets home field advantage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I'd rather see Kid take more of a winnable fight. Yamamoto has lost 5 of his last 6 and needs a win in his return. The guy used to be a killer and if he can return to previous form that would be awesome but I don't think Faber would be a good return match for him.
    It's a toss-up. I think he doesn't get motivated for journeyman fights, and so he gets beaten. I'd like to see him either retire outright or get back in the groove. He's got more than enough skills to beat Faber...but like BJ and Edgar, skills aren't what writes the story: heart, drive, determination, etc.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    They were supposed to be the TUF coaches but I believe both sides couldn't come to an agreement on a CW and I think Dana said he wasn't a fan of doing a CW between the two either, which is why we got BJ instead.
    I had no idea that we got Penn/Edgar III instead of Edgar/Faber because DW didn't want a catchweight. That's the saddest thing I've heard all day.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I had no idea that we got Penn/Edgar III instead of Edgar/Faber because DW didn't want a catchweight. That's the saddest thing I've heard all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Let's be honest, Frankie could probably make BW if he wanted to.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •