Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Ray Longo to Vitor Belfort: 'Be a man, don't lie'

  1. #11

    Default

    I think a lot of this gets read into too much. Unlike Soares, Longo doesn't plan a press conference or statements. He answers questions that are asked, but does so crassly.

    If you watch the video, he doesn't lead with that info. He doesn't guide the conversation into talking shit about Belfort. Helwani asked specifically about Vitor's past, and Longo gave a one sentence answer saying that he should play by the rules. Then they move on.

    Everyone should watch the interview. Longo seems more interested in talking about how lucky he is to have his coaching job and how proud he is of his team. Even when talking about Weidman being injured, he was very careful to not that he's not taking anything away from Machida. Longo is crass but respectful.

    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/7/...an-up-mma-news

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,504

    Default

    For the record, I've been careful not to compare Longo to Soares based on the fact that one does something useful and the other one.....
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I think a lot of this gets read into too much. Unlike Soares, Longo doesn't plan a press conference or statements. He answers questions that are asked, but does so crassly.

    If you watch the video, he doesn't lead with that info. He doesn't guide the conversation into talking shit about Belfort. Helwani asked specifically about Vitor's past, and Longo gave a one sentence answer saying that he should play by the rules. Then they move on.

    Everyone should watch the interview. Longo seems more interested in talking about how lucky he is to have his coaching job and how proud he is of his team. Even when talking about Weidman being injured, he was very careful to not that he's not taking anything away from Machida. Longo is crass but respectful.

    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/7/7/...an-up-mma-news
    Whoawhoawhoa, hang on there pal. Are you suggesting that people actually LISTEN to an interview before they make comments about things said IN that interview? Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I don't know if you've met some of the people on this forum, but we don't have time for that kind of thing. We read the title (most of it) of the thread, and we comment accordingly. Get with the program bud, or get out. And take your logic, reason, and above Forrest Gump level intelligence with ya THERE"S NO PLACE FOR THAT HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    566

    Default

    I didn't really think he said anything out of line that people don't already say about vitor...

    I get what you're saying simplejack, I just don't see that way. Longo's and Serra's opinion and words don't become an aura or personality on weidman that he doesn't exhibit for me... I get that it does for some people, I just don't get why ... Unless longo said "mes an Chris was drunk at da bar the udda day, and he says to me... "You know that vitor blah blah blah bad haircut whatever." Then I would understand how people think longo makes him look bad, but longo isn't putting words in his mouth...
    Last edited by rspier; 07-08-2014 at 04:57 PM.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,504

    Default

    Clearly we will differ here which is the stuff that makes the world go round.

    I simply think a coach/camp is a big portion of a fighter's persona and the things they say reflect on him until he says otherwise or tells them to shut up.

    As I said earlier, this isn't an indictment of Longo at all. I simply don't care for the personality that comes out of that corner.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    For the record, I've been careful not to compare Longo to Soares based on the fact that one does something useful and the other one.....
    HA! I like Longo more than you do, SJ, but to each his own. Though I find Serra's attitude to be grating.

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Whoawhoawhoa, hang on there pal. Are you suggesting that people actually LISTEN to an interview before they make comments about things said IN that interview? Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I don't know if you've met some of the people on this forum, but we don't have time for that kind of thing. We read the title (most of it) of the thread, and we comment accordingly. Get with the program bud, or get out. And take your logic, reason, and above Forrest Gump level intelligence with ya THERE"S NO PLACE FOR THAT HERE!!
    I only read some of this. Something about "hang Forrest here." Dude, what the hell did Forest Griffin do to you?! Mods should ban you for extreme fighter bashing.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,504

    Default

    HA! I like Longo more than you do, SJ, but to each his own. Though I find Serra's attitude to be grating.
    I think he's CLEARLY one of the best at breaking down someone's weaknesses and diagnosing fight tape. He's engineered some HUGE upsets as well. So, obviously, he's exactly what a top guy needs in preparing for a big fight. I just don't care for what I hear coming out of that corner sometimes.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  8. #18

    Default

    The opinions of weidmans coaches/management will always be perceived as the opinions of Weidman by the general public. Take ed soares for example. People immediately believed that anything he said practically came right out of Anderson Silva's mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    The opinions of weidmans coaches/management will always be perceived as the opinions of Weidman by the general public. Take ed soares for example. People immediately believed that anything he said practically came right out of Anderson Silva's mouth.
    So many people have said the same thing that you just said. Did you read the other posts. And anyway you are wrong because Weidman actually talks to the media lot Silva never does and when he does it is through Soares who goes out of his way to say ridiculous shit. Longo's antics aren't even remotely comparable plus Longo is a respective figure in the sport Ed Soares is literally just some random guy who knows nothing.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    So many people have said the same thing that you just said. Did you read the other posts.
    ...wait..what?

    Are you actually calling someone out for potentially not reading posts?

    How many times have you not even bothered to read the article and/or multiple pages of posts to...enlighten us...with your...brilliance?

    rh


    DISCLAIMER: portions of this post contain sarcasm, specifically where the terms "enlighten" and "brilliance" are used.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •