Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ray Longo to Vitor Belfort: 'Be a man, don't lie'

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ...says the guy busting on a poster for not reading the article...and then admits that he didn't read the article in another thread today.

Yeah. Your A-game brings a lot to the forum.

rh
    I didn't know Buzz lightyear was a poster on this forum. Also, what thread did I admit that in? You're a senile old man.

I'm not sure why you hate me so much or why you think people like Bones, Sakara and I are inferior humans being to you but oh well...
    Last edited by IceCold48; 07-09-2014 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    Well how much of longos comments make it to the "general public"? I only read them when other posters on a forum full of die hards post them... This is a serious question, not sarcasm... Do we think Longos comments make it to the casuals?
    It raises the question to me of what the media for "casual fans" is. I assume it's still network TV, cable, or general sports sites like ESPN. So I can't imagine they saw this. And I suspect most casual fans don't know who Longo is anyway. Greg Jackson, maybe though.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    I bet you know how to poke people in the eyes. Ba dum tshhh...
    Boom goes the dynamite!

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Also, what thread did I admit that in? You're a senile old man.
    You've admitted that you didn't bother reading the article or the thread in the past. Today you just admitted that you didn't understand it until someone spelled it out for you.

I'm not sure why you hate me so much or why you think people like Bones, Sakara and I are inferior humans being to you but oh well...
    For the record, I don't hate anyone, and I don't think Sakara is an inferior human. He disappoints me when he lapses into troll mode, because he's capable of much more. But even in full-on-troll mode, he's as good as you or bonesknows at your very best.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

You've admitted that you didn't bother reading the article or the thread in the past. Today you just admitted that you didn't understand it until someone spelled it out for you.

For the record, I don't hate anyone, and I don't think Sakara is an inferior human. He disappoints me when he lapses into troll mode, because he's capable of much more. But even in full-on-troll mode, he's as good as you or bonesknows at your very best.

rh
    Oh...but I thought today I admitted it!? What happened to that? and to the rest of it Lol whatever you're a bigger troll than every one of the frequent posters.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 07-09-2014 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    It raises the question to me of what the media for "casual fans" is. I assume it's still network TV, cable, or general sports sites like ESPN. So I can't imagine they saw this. And I suspect most casual fans don't know who Longo is anyway. Greg Jackson, maybe though.

My thoughts too... But i literally get all my news from this site. I live in the woods with no cable or internet what so ever. All I has is iPhone. Hah.

I do however talk to some casuals at my job, and they tend to be pretty uninformed. I had one guy tell me rampage got disqualified for slamming jones... So it's hard to imagine they know who Longo is...
    Last edited by rivethead; 07-09-2014 at 04:02 AM. Reason: quote format

But even in full-on-troll mode, he's as good as you or bonesknows at your very best.

rh
    thats more than i can say about you, so theres that i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Oh...but I thought today I admitted it!? What happened to that? and to the rest of it Lol whatever you're a bigger troll than every one of the frequent posters.
    didn't you just say you didn't want to get into a flame war, and now you're arguing about semantics?

I was incorrect when I said today you admitted not reading the article. You did admit to not being able to understand it, until someone reframed it for you. Furthermore, in the not so distant past, you've admitted to it, more than once. You've also admitted to skimming the article and then posting several pages deep without reading a post, after it was illustrated that your posts were not only stupid, but were proven to be stupid several pages back.

But back to the original point: you're an ass for busting on a poster for doing something you do all too frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    I do however talk to some casuals at my job, and they tend to be pretty uninformed. I had one guy tell me rampage got disqualified for slamming jones... So it's hard to imagine they know who Longo is...
    Two years ago, I had some frat kid tell me I didn't know anything about MMA and then go on to bet me $20 that "dana white" "bought Afflicted." Probably the most amusing MMA bet I've ever won.

Today, I'd be hard pressed to find a casual fan who has even heard of Affliction as anything other than a purveyor of the finest tee shirts available at the mall nearest you.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

didn't you just say you didn't want to get into a flame war, and now you're arguing about semantics?

I was incorrect when I said today you admitted not reading the article. You did admit to not being able to understand it, until someone reframed it for you. Furthermore, in the not so distant past, you've admitted to it, more than once. You've also admitted to skimming the article and then posting several pages deep without reading a post, after it was illustrated that your posts were not only stupid, but were proven to be stupid several pages back.

But back to the original point: you're an ass for busting on a poster for doing something you do all too frequently.

Two years ago, I had some frat kid tell me I didn't know anything about MMA and then go on to bet me $20 that "dana white" "bought Afflicted." Probably the most amusing MMA bet I've ever won.

Today, I'd be hard pressed to find a casual fan who has even heard of Affliction as anything other than a purveyor of the finest tee shirts available at the mall nearest you.

rh

HAHAHHA he didn't get offended at all only you did and the post didn't involve you at all. I wasn't "busting on him" as you said. Anyway that bet is funny. I once bet a bunch of people on the results of a TUF finale I think it was TUF it was pretty hilarious.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 07-09-2014 at 04:40 AM.

In all fairness I'm cool with it. It is uncharacteristic of me to not read the posts before I comment. I'm a bit rusty as I haven't been posting often lately. I saw a comment in the "what's new" section and just responded off the cuff. I feel like I should be adding to the conversation not retreading what has already been discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

I think Wiedman has the same opinions as Longo, he's just smart enough to keep them to his self for the most part. The fight between him and Vitor will either be a 50/50 war with one man going to sleep before round 4 or it will be a one sided destruction. If it's a one sided destruction I tend think it would favor Wiedman more than Vitor. Him coming of TRT could be the huge Xfactor, if his levels are low and he feels like shit during training and during the fight, will he be able to push through for 25 minutes? I think if Vitor wins, he should retire IMMEDIATELY. If his levels are too low, I just don't see how he can continue to defend his title. It's better to go out on top IMO.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information