Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nevada attorney general files complaint against Chael Sonnen, who could face $250,000

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'll happily be there with Belfort, once the evidence is incontrovertible.

The thing I felt most shocking about his test was that his ratio was so close to normal. If he was going to cheat and come in hot, I'd expect him to come back blazing, like sonnen and AO. His test results actually make me less convinced that he was abusing TRT, if anything.

rh
    I actually think Vitor is doing what he is supposed to and abiding by all regulations. I just think he is having licensing issues and catching flak due to the past. The past is the past, yes its a mark on his career, but as long as you are bettering your future and have learned from your mistakes and transgressions, I respect that and commend it.

We've ALL screwed up at some point, done something stupid or what have you. Nobody is perfect, so you haters can take that self righteous bullshit on down the road. I'll back somebody to the fullest if they are actively trying to better themselves and their lives and get away from their past, not making the same mistakes over and over or trying to cover it up like they have done nothing wrong. Hell I'm going through that myself, I got a reckless streak a country mile wide, but I'm moving forward with a better future.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    The UFC should also fine him for wasting all their money promoting him on that season of TUF.
    If Chael is do for any credit - it should be for his coaching role on both seasons he did of TUF. He did an awesome job coaching both of his teams imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    If Chael is do for any credit - it should be for his coaching role on both seasons he did of TUF. He did an awesome job coaching both of his teams imo.
    On the same token he pissed all over the lessons he taught young fighters by cheating and subsequently lying about it.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    At least that's how the editing made it look.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Chael will be back working with the UFC - possibly with even greater profile/responsibility - within 2 years. And that's conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    Chael will be back working with the UFC - possibly with even greater profile/responsibility - within 2 years. And that's conservative.
    Sadly, I think you're right.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I'm actually shocked people think that Vitor was working within the guidelines. But I guess it's all speculation. My view is that, regardless of explanation, he's pissed hot twice and had dramatic changes in body type during his career. Just can't think of him as clean.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I'm actually shocked people think that Vitor was working within the guidelines. But I guess it's all speculation. My view is that, regardless of explanation, he's pissed hot twice and had dramatic changes in body type during his career. Just can't think of him as clean.
    You clearly read my post wrong if you are referring to me with that group of people comment who think Vitor "was" working within the guidelines. I said I believe he IS following protocol and the rules NOW. I never said he WAS following the rules and not abusing it in the past.

His TRT was legit.. Now its banned, so thats that and its over with, so he has no excuse to have elevated testosterone any longer. If he pisses hot again there will be no speculation, no controversy, its a done deal set in stone, he's a piece of work just like Chael as the TRT excuse train has left the station.

If the dude passes tests and his testosterone is at normal levels, mind you they were extremely close the last test, you cant think of him as clean?
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    You clearly read my post wrong if you are referring to me with that group of people comment who think Vitor "was" working within the guidelines. I said I believe he IS following protocol and the rules NOW. I never said he WAS following the rules and not abusing it in the past.

His TRT was legit.. Now its banned, so thats that and its over with, so he has no excuse to have elevated testosterone any longer. If he pisses hot again there will be no speculation, no controversy, its a done deal set in stone, he's a piece of work just like Chael as the TRT excuse train has left the station.

If the dude passes tests and his testosterone is at normal levels, mind you they were extremely close the last test, you cant think of him as clean?
    Ah, totally misread your post. Sorry, I thought you were saying that you thought he was within reasonable levels throughout his TRT use. My feeling is, like Sonnen, Vitor probably took more than was "required."

That said, if he consistently tests clean on random screens, then I won't judge his current state. But I'll always be suspect of the last two years until he continues at that overall performance and physique while being randomly tested.

Do you guys have Facebook? When UFC put a post about Chael being let go from UFC and Fox, almost all of the comments by what we would assume are "casual fans" were in support of Chael. Chael was blatant at times and got caught, but a big chunk of the rest of the roster is a little more diligent in how they go about using performance enhancers. You just have to accept that it's out there and hope the testing gets better to eventually dissuade people from using. Bans are the answer, not taking hundreds of thousands of dollars away from a fighter years after the fact - I don't like the idea of trying to be retroactive.

Thread Information