Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada attorney general files complaint against Chael Sonnen, who could face $250,000

Barnett is way worse than Chael, Barnett legitimately fucked over the fans and ruined an entire organization. Chael just made himself look like a piece of shit at a time where he wasn't going to be around for much longer anyway.

I also agree with anchor punch, why the hell is the fine that high? The article says nothing to justify that. He failed a drug test prior to the fight. How can they fine him for a fight that didn't happen and will now never happen? I don't see how that is legal.

Must not exceed 250,000 or 100 percent of the share of the purse to which the holder of the license is entitled for the contest of exhibition, whichever amount is greater.
    Haven't we been talking about ACTUALLY READING ARTICLES TODAY?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    What? That says nothing about why the fine is so high which is what my question was.

Thanks to the negative consensus against trt, and the very public opinion of gsp about rampant unpunished steroid use, chael will be used as a scapegoat against the entire sport. Compounded by the fact that sonnen is a media darling garnering massive ratings. His offenses in my eyes are far more impactful an damaging to mma than anything that josh Barnett has ever done.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Thanks to the negative consensus against trt, and the very public opinion of gsp about rampant unpunished steroid use, chael will be used as a scapegoat against the entire sport. Compounded by the fact that sonnen is a media darling garnering massive ratings. His offenses in my eyes are far more impactful an damaging to mma than anything that josh Barnett has ever done.
    I don't see how you think that at all, I don't see many casual fans even being aware that this has happened. He was falling off the map at this point. I don't think this is a black eye for the sport I think it's just something that will pass and hopefully we can all just move on and forget about Chael.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    I don't know sonnen's fight pay right off hand but I'm sure he has been banking 250k per fight for awhile. Given what I'm sure is a multi million dollar bank account, this fine is fair. I've been a big fan of chael for a long time. Even before the first Silva fight. That has all changed now. He has been exposed now more than ever as a hypocrite and a liar. I have absolutely zero faith in him as a fighter or a human being. He has lost all credibility. 250k for the black eye he gave this sport; not to mention opponents that he had an unfair advantage against, is absolutely justified. He is deserving of all of the punishment he has received to date.
    I'm in the same boat you are here. I love listening to him talk/commentate but I have ZERO respect for him and you wont ever hear me defend him again.. I never thought I'd say this, but BAN him for LIFE. That's absolutely unacceptable to continue to do something you knew was just banned by the Athletic Commission. I was with him when TRT was legal and knew his medical condition required it, but the abuse and blatant lies and outright disrespect for authority(rules) has done it for me. He screwed the pooch on this one.

Sadly, I'm in the same boat with Overeem. Hope he figured his shit out without PED's and makes a decent comeback, but I'm skeptical there as well
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    Sadly, I'm in the same boat with Overeem. Hope he figured his shit out without PED's and makes a decent comeback, but I'm skeptical there as well
    I'll happily be there with Belfort, once the evidence is incontrovertible.

The thing I felt most shocking about his test was that his ratio was so close to normal. If he was going to cheat and come in hot, I'd expect him to come back blazing, like sonnen and AO. His test results actually make me less convinced that he was abusing TRT, if anything.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    My bad I just looked at it again and realized I misunderstood it I guess. I thought it was saying that if that had happened after the fight but before it is a little ridiculous. I guess I can understand why in the sense that it is making the point that it is extremely risky to try and pull one over on them but at the same time its over the top for me. Unless it was a part of the bout agreement or something. In that case he is more than likely screwed.

Chances are Sonnen has been cheating all along and earning money that he did not deserve... The UFC should also fine him for wasting all their money promoting him on that season of TUF.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I don't see how you think that at all, I don't see many casual fans even being aware that this has happened. He was falling off the map at this point. I don't think this is a black eye for the sport I think it's just something that will pass and hopefully we can all just move on and forget about Chael.
    He was on the ultimate fighter headed into a big fight with wanderlei. He was on fox as an analyst. He is very active in social media. His positive test that led to his retirement was highly publicized. Dana had even named him as the man to take over his job prior to that chaos. I don't understand where you think he was falling off the map. He was extremely visible to fans across the board, from casual to hardcore.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Thread Information