Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nevada attorney general files complaint against Chael Sonnen, who could face $250,000

I'm confused on the years after comment. Did I miss something?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Well over what period of time would the UFC have paid him $250k strictly for fighting? You probably have to combine his last two fights, and he hasn't fought in a long while.

Chael Sonnen 'accepts responsibility' for second drug test failure
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/9/...g-test-failure
    On Tuesday, Sonnen's lawyer Jeff Meyer submitted his client's formal response to the NAC's First Amended Complaint for Disciplinary Action. Below is the most relevant excerpt from the response:

"Mr. Sonnen does not dispute any of the factual allegations contained in the First Amended Complaint. Mr. Sonnen accepts responsibility for his actions and will comply with the Commission in the prompt resolution of this matter."

Sonnen's case will heard at the NAC's July 23 hearing.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

ugh. Does anyone else read this as "when he launches another comeback in a year, fanboyz are going to say 'oh, he paid his dues, they fined him a quarter-million, just trust him and let him fight.'"

I hope I'm wrong.

I hope the dead stay buried.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ugh. Does anyone else read this as "when he launches another comeback in a year, fanboyz are going to say 'oh, he paid his dues, they fined him a quarter-million, just trust him and let him fight.'"

I hope I'm wrong.

rh
    I was thinking the same thing but the justification would be - Sonnen totally manned up and took accountability for his actions.. Maybe champs like Jones can tell us more about how much he admires Sonnen for taking responsibility.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I hope I'm wrong.

rh
    If he comes back I won't care to watch him at all or have any interest and I assume I am one fo those fanboys you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I was thinking the same thing but the justification would be - Sonnen totally manned up and took accountability for his actions.. Maybe champs like Jones can tell us more about how much he admires Sonnen for taking responsibility.
    I think you're giving them too much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    If he comes back I won't care to watch him at all or have any interest and I assume I am one fo those fanboys you are talking about.
    In all sincerity, I didn't know you were into sonnen, and I wasn't referring to you. I know people off board who think he can literally do no wrong, and I was more specifically referring to them, and didn't have anyone specific here in mind.

I actually can't tell you anyone on the board who is a big sonnen fan. It's like I've selectively removed it from my understanding. Probably because it would make it more difficult for me to respect them.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Meh, I don't like the commentary on Fox across the board. Maybe it's just not my thing but always feels light, dull, and forced. Sonnen in or out isn't changing that for me.

I think you're giving them too much credit.

In all sincerity, I didn't know you were into sonnen, and I wasn't referring to you. I know people off board who think he can literally do no wrong, and I was more specifically referring to them, and didn't have anyone specific here in mind.

I actually can't tell you anyone on the board who is a big sonnen fan. It's like I've selectively removed it from my understanding. Probably because it would make it more difficult for me to respect them.

rh
    I'm pretty real about his stupid antics even though I am a big fan. I defended him after the first failed test after the first silva fight but then picked up on his scuminess shortly after.

I hope I'm wrong.

rh
    I don't see this happening. I think the UFC would do it. I don't think Sonnen will come back with out 'extra help' and won't risk being busted another time.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information