Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rousey/Weidman possilby out till 2015 with medical suspensions

Default Rousey/Weidman possilby out till 2015 with medical suspensions

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...l-suspensions/

Chris Weidman: Suspended until Jan. 2 , 2015, because of possible left jaw, right elbow, right ribs and right ankle injuries (need x-rays) unless an orthopedic doctor clears him to return sooner. Minimum suspension (and no contest) until Aug. 20, 2014, and no contact until Aug. 5, 2014.

Lyoto Machida: Suspended until Sept. 4, 2014, and no contact until Aug. 20, 2014, because of a facial laceration.

Ronda Rousey: Suspended until Jan. 2 , 2015, because of a possible right hand injury (needs x-ray) unless an orthopedic doctor clears her to return sooner.

Alexis Davis: Suspended until July 27, 2014, and no contact until July 20, 2014, because of knockout.

Matt Mitrione: Must have a CT scan of his chest in six months (due Dec. 16, 2014).

Stefan Struve: Must be medically cleared before next contest because he nearly collapsed backstage. He must also see a cardiologist every six months (due Nov. 7, 2014).

Uriah Hall: Suspended until Jan. 2 , 2015, because of a broken toe (need x-rays) unless an orthopedic doctor clears him to return sooner. Minimum suspension (and no contest) until Sept. 4, 2014, and no contact until Aug. 20, 2014.

Russell Doane: Suspended until Jan. 2 , 2015, because of a possible right thumb injury (need x-rays) unless an orthopedic doctor clears him to return sooner. Minimum suspension (and no contest) until July 27, 2014, and no contact until July 20, 2014.

Urijah Faber: Suspended until Jan. 2 , 2015, because of a possible left rib injury (need x-rays) unless an orthopedic doctor clears him to return sooner.

Kenny Robertson: Suspended until Jan. 2 , 2015, because of a possible right elbow injury (need x-rays) unless an orthopedic doctor clears him to return sooner.

Bruno Santos: Suspended until Jan. 2 , 2015, because of a possible nasal fracture (need x-rays) unless an orthopedic doctor clears him to return sooner. Minimum suspension (and no contest) until July 27, 2014, and no contact until July 20, 2014.

George Roop: Suspended until Aug. 20, 2014, and no contact until Aug. 5, 2014.

Luke Zachrich: Suspended until Jan. 2 , 2015, because of possible left hand injury (need x-rays) unless an orthopedic doctor clears him to return sooner. Minimum suspension (and no contest) until Aug. 20, 2014, and no contact until Aug. 5, 2014, because of a right eye laceration.

Kevin Casey: Suspended until Jan. 2 , 2015, because of a possible left elbow injury (need x-rays) unless an orthopedic doctor clears him to return sooner.

William Bush: Suspended until Sept. 4, 2014, and no contact until Aug. 20, 2014.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Guess Ronda's not fighting in Aug o.0

Well that sucks. I'll tell you what, the end of this year is starting to look pretty thin when it comes to title fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

WTF happened to Mitrione?
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    hahahaha yeah seriously maybe it was a pre existing thing.

Chris Weidman: Suspended until Jan. 2 , 2015, because of possible left jaw, right elbow, right ribs and right ankle injuries (need x-rays) unless an orthopedic doctor clears him to return sooner. Minimum suspension (and no contest) until Aug. 20, 2014, and no contact until Aug. 5, 2014.

Lyoto Machida: Suspended until Sept. 4, 2014, and no contact until Aug. 20, 2014, because of a facial laceration.
    good lord, if I didnt know better I'd say Machida won that fight from looking at the medical report..

and

wtf is wrong with Mitrione's chest? did Struve collapse onto him in the lockerroom?? lol
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    good lord, if I didnt know better I'd say Machida won that fight from looking at the medical report.
    Stockton Rules.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

i believe he had some sort of cyst or tumor (not cancer) on his lung or something like that? He talked about it at the NSAC meeting that just happened. i forget what it actually was - but the commission said that day he would need a scan done by their doctor in the next 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    hahahaha yeah seriously maybe it was a pre existing thing.
    At his last physical, the doc noted a lump in his lungs. They don't think it is cancer but Mitrione was ordered by the NSAC to do a follow up doctors appointment just to be safe.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thanks guys.

On a side note, I had a similar experience when I got elbowed in the sternum and the primary doc ordered me to the ER for imaging and diagnostics because she heard something in my lungs.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information