Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 176 canceled after main event falls apart due to injury

Dam and that was my birthday too

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    I just heard that they postponed it. Fox sports should be a credible source so all I have to say is damn.....
    For me lost a lot of credibility with the line "Aldo pulled out of the bout with a neck injury that will only sideline him for approximately 45 days, but that was enough time for him to be unable to perform as early as Aug. 2."

Everything I've seen at this point indicates Aldo's neck and spine injury is pretty serious and he'll be re-evaluated after 45 days, to see if he can even begin to train again. It's probably unintentional, but it seems like he's seriously downplaying the gravity of Jose's injury.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    I'm waiting for Jacare vs Machida for #1 contender.. that will be wicked. Mousasi vs Jacare is a good fight as well tho, but I dont think Gegard is on the level of the aforementioned
    I have Machida three big wins away from a rematch. Jacare would be just one of them.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

I have Machida three big wins away from a rematch. Jacare would be just one of them.

rh
    who's your other 2? Right now I see it as (Silva still out so not on the list) Weidman- Belfort, Souza, Machida, Mousasi in my line up for the top 5 of MW division. flip flop Gegard and Lyoto if you want but Lyoto tools Gegard if they fight I think. Throw Anderson in wherever you'd like in that list, I just dont know where I'd put him or who I'd match him against.

Dillashaw absolutely destroys Barao and he gets an immediate rematch but we cant have Lyoto fight 1 more time for immediate placement back in the #1 contender spot? Grrr makes no sense
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I'd add Rockhold to that list. Although I'm not sold on him being consistently successful amongst the top 5, I think he should outrank Moose.

And Bisping. The man is, what, second in line for a title shot at a minimum? Never lost a fight where someone didn't play it safe, that's how I heard it...

Shayna Baszler vs. Bethe Correia moves from UFC 176 to UFC 177 in Sacramento
    A women’s bantamweight bout between Bethe Correia (8-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) and Shayna Baszler (15-8 MMA, 0-0 UFC) that had been set for the now-canceled UFC 176 on Aug. 2 now will move to UFC 177 on Aug. 30. UFC officials announced the change Tuesday night at UFC.com.

http://www.ufc.com/news/Correia-Basz...-to-Sacramento

With UFC 176 scrapped, Green-Trujillo, Formiga-Makovsky go to UFC Fight Night 47
    A lightweight bout between Bobby Green (22-5 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and Abel Trujillo (12-5 MMA, 3-1 UFC) that had been set for UFC 176 now will move to UFC Fight Night 47, which takes place two weeks later. So, too, will the 125-pound bout between Jussier Formiga (16-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) and Zach Makovsky (18-4 MMA, 2-0 UFC). UFC officials announced the moves Tuesday night, the first pair of what will be 10 fights that will get new homes.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    who's your other 2? Right now I see it as (Silva still out so not on the list) Weidman- Belfort, Souza, Machida, Mousasi in my line up for the top 5 of MW division. flip flop Gegard and Lyoto if you want but Lyoto tools Gegard if they fight I think. Throw Anderson in wherever you'd like in that list, I just dont know where I'd put him or who I'd match him against.

Dillashaw absolutely destroys Barao and he gets an immediate rematch but we cant have Lyoto fight 1 more time for immediate placement back in the #1 contender spot? Grrr makes no sense
    Jacare and Rockhold I think he would no doubt have to beat. Out of Kennedy, Bisping, Le and Silva I think someone will go on a little win streak and get a fight with Machida.

Basically I think the winner of Bispin/Le will fight Silva and then the winner(Silva) will fight Kennedy. The winner will fight Machida for #1 conender assuming Machida wins his next 2.

not that im attempting to nit pick here, but if a card is not happening on the scheduled date - and then they take fights from said card and move them to other cards - that would mean its cancelled right? Not just 'postponed'

^ thats to whatever mod changed the title.

Nice! I'm nervous for Bobby Green but hope he beats Abel. Should be an awesome fight.

That whole card has a lot of fights that seem like they could either go the way of crazy, sloppy brawl or grappling contest...

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    not that im attempting to nit pick here, but if a card is not happening on the scheduled date - and then they take fights from said card and move them to other cards - that would mean its cancelled right? Not just 'postponed'
    Haha Front Row Brian tweeted that as well. He said they are possibly changing the name of 177 to 176. I also hear they might make another event at the same venue and tickets but that I don't believe.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Haha Front Row Brian tweeted that as well. He said they are possibly changing the name of 177 to 176. I also hear they might make another event at the same venue and tickets but that I don't believe.
    im not going to lie, i had no idea who this 'front row brian' guy was until i searched him on twitter. Im still not sure who he actually is...

Thread Information