Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dominick Cruz set for return at UFC 178 vs. Takeya Mizugaki

Default Dominick Cruz set for return at UFC 178 vs. Takeya Mizugaki

Dominick Cruz set for return at UFC 178 vs. Takeya Mizugaki
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/dominic...akeya-mizugaki
    Cruz (19-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC) is set to return in September against Takeya Mizugaki (20-7-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC) at UFC 178 in Las Vegas. UFC officials announced the news Tuesday night following an initial report from ESPN.com‘s Brett Okamoto.

UFC 178 takes place Sept. 27 in Las Vegas, thigh a precise venue has not yet been announced. The pay-per-view main card will be headlined by a light heavyweight title rematch between champion Jon Jones and challenger Alexander Gustafsson.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

War Cruz!!!

I wont believe it until he steps foot in the cage
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

He's been gone for so flippin long that god only knows what kind of shape he's going to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Does he show up in a bubble until getting into the cage. I feel like thats the only way he safely makes it to the fight. Maybe he should just consider fighting a little injured. Maybe fighting isnt for him, his body obviously doesn't enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

He's really coming back, eh?

Well I hope he doesn't want to wear the gold anymore. You know, because Dillashaw already took the belt from Barao. And he's keeping it for a while.

Sorry Cruz, but Dillashaw is the man.

I think I am in the minority here, but I would love to see Cruz come back and have flashes of his old self still remain. I think he would be a nightmare matchup for both Barao and Dillishaw and it would make for at least a couple of GREAT fights. Hopefully he can shake the ring rust within a fight or 2 and we see him up against some top 5 guys. I am hoping he makes this division that much more exciting.

If. Cruz gets injured before this bout, his nickname needs to officially be changed to "Mr. Glass"
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by helipoison View Post
    I think I am in the minority here, but I would love to see Cruz come back and have flashes of his old self still remain. I think he would be a nightmare matchup for both Barao and Dillishaw and it would make for at least a couple of GREAT fights. Hopefully he can shake the ring rust within a fight or 2 and we see him up against some top 5 guys. I am hoping he makes this division that much more exciting.
    THIS.

I think a prime Cruz beats Barao and Dillishaw handily. If he can shake off the ring rust, stay healthy and put together a few wins I would love to see both those matches.

We will probably never see Cruz at his best again but if he is even half as good as he once was I think he adds something to the division and his style makes for some interesting match ups. I'm interested to see how he will adapt his approach and compensate for any of the athleticism he may have lost due to his injuries.

A prime Cruz is one of the best fighters of all time. At least in the lighter weight. Only time will tell how much they lay off will affect him.

Thread Information