Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dominick Cruz set for return at UFC 178 vs. Takeya Mizugaki

Highly likely. I really wish we could see Cruz come back like he hadn't missed a beat, because a fight between dillashaw and him would be spectacular. I agree though. Cruz will look rusty and a bit off in his return.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

I am really rooting for Cruz, and I truly hope he is as close to 100% as possible. I can't wait to see him fight again.

So if Mizzy does win this fight against Cruz.....title shot right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Does he show up in a bubble until getting into the cage. I feel like thats the only way he safely makes it to the fight. Maybe he should just consider fighting a little injured. Maybe fighting isnt for him, his body obviously doesn't enjoy it.
    Haha that cracked me up.

Glad to see he's coming back though, he's been out a while.

Cruz explains decision to turn down title fight in favor of Takeya Mizugaki
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/21/59...itle-fight-mma
    He broke it all down during a recent appearance on The MMA Hour:

"You know, it's a weird thing because I never really lost the belt. But there's people out there that are holding it and it's just weird. I don't really know what to think. I'm just going to fight, that's literally where I'm at. It's not that I don't think I'm not champion, every person in this sport, if you don't believe you're of champion essence, then you shouldn't be doing it. So of course I believe I'm a champion, no question in my mind, but I did have to give up my title. I literally had to beat the crap out of myself until I handed over the belt to somebody else. That's a weird thing. I'm here now and I'm ready to get back at it."

UFC President Dana White revealed that Cruz had the option of going straight into a title fight upon his return or taking another fight, something White advised him to do.

Wisely, Cruz heeded the advice to take a tune up fight before trying to reclaim his strap. Something he decided after suffering a torn groin during his training camp for a five-round fight against Renan Barao at UFC 169 earlier this year.

He explains:

"Mizuaki is up for the title next. He's on a five-fight win streak and he is looking at a title shot. He is top five and he is up there in the contender's position. So for me, that is a very tough fight, first of all. Second of all, I didn't take that fight because when I jumped into that Barao training camp, that's when I realized that it wasn't about fighting the fight that's the problem, it was about doing the workload of a five-round camp. I don't think anyone in the world understands except for a fighter that when you go from a three-round camp to a five-round camp, the amount of workload just skyrockets. It can't even be compared, you literally are working, it's like going from a 35 hour a week job to a 55 hour a week job and you're not getting any more pay. So it's like, you're working your butt off and you're doing everything you can. For a three round fight, I can work my body back and get myself strong so that when I get to that title contention spot, I'm ready to go and I don't have to have any guess as to how tough my body and muscle structure is. Everything will be a slow process and I will be back in there. Now, a lot of people might view this as, 'He's taking a tune up or warm up fight.' Well, tune up or warm up fights do not exist in MMA. That's a boxing thing and it doesn't happen in MMA. So going against a top five guy right off is big feat for me and I'm excited to do it. It's a challenge. Mizugaki is extremely durable, tough and has a lot of cardio. It's a big challenge for and I'm up for it. After feeling by body in that five-round camp I realized that I need to take my time for this camp because that's the hard part. The fight itself is the easy fun part. That's why I come out smiling, I'm loving life on the night of fighting. Training camp is a whole other demon in itself."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

This just in.....Cruz is hurt again

Now he seems ok to fight and is all healed, 100%

and now he's hurt again

I will seriously be shocked if he makes it to fight night.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

8. 07-22-2014, 02:39 AM

and here I was wasting time with the wrong meds

Thread Information