Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach says "Ronda Rousey knocks out 'Cyborg' Justino"

Default Coach says "Ronda Rousey knocks out 'Cyborg' Justino"

Ever since UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey defended her title last Saturday with a 16 second knockout of Alexis Davis, observers have wondered outloud whether the only remaining challenge for her is former Strikeforce featherweight champ "Cyborg" Justino. Rousey's head coach Edmond Tarverydyan recently told MMA Fighting that he'd welcome that match up.
    "Absolutely, I like that fight," he said of a fight between Rousey and Justino, who currently does not fight in the UFC after requesting a release from the company before ever fighting for the promotion.
    "I love that fight. Ronda knows, I spoke to Ronda. I said, 'You knock out Cyborg any given day.' Ronda knocks out Cyborg. I believe even with one hand she fights Cyborg, she beats her."
    Tarverydyan may feel that the result of Rousey vs. "Cyborg" is a sure thing but he still thinks that it is a big fight for the sport. "But that's an exciting fight. That's what I believe, but that's a great fight, yes," he said.
    "'Cyborg' is a swinger, she's tough. She'll let her hands go and then she'll get into a fight with Ronda and that's an exciting fight. But what I believe with my fighter is my fighter is the best in the world. I would love to see that fight."
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...220259577.html

no, sorry, try again.

I like Ronda now, but she does not knock out Cyborg with one hand. She gets it to the ground ASAP.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

I can see a TKO.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    I can see a TKO.
    Of course you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I think people are taking too much into Rousey's win over Davis .

It was a great performance, but prior to the fight, I told my buddy to take out a stopwatch for this fight, cause it ain't lasting that long.

Davis was by far the weakest opponent Rousey has faced since Strikeforce.

Although Rousey's hands are getting better, it's not gonna be as good as Cyborgs. And while I do agree that Cyborg can swing wildly, I have seen a lot of the same from Rousey as well. Not to mention Cyborg also has the hand speed and power in her favor.

Rousey had trouble taking down Carmouche, Tate, and McMann. Cyborg would be a lot bigger than all 3 and I'm sure she trains with the big boys for her takedowns, TDD, and her ground game. Wasn't there a video of her picking up Tito off the ground and up in the air (powerbomb style)?

It would be an interesting fight for sure, but I don't see DW and Rousey pursuing it "behind the scenes", even if they constantly rave about fighting Cyborg to the media.

Make the damn fight already. Sick of speculating.

Report: Ronda Rousey broke hand vs. Alexis Davis at UFC 175
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/report-...vis-at-ufc-175
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

The worlds greatest female Kickboxer didn't KO Cyborg, so there's no way Ronda does.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Lol

Thread Information