Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC’s Ronda Rousey Paradox: Dana White’s Looming Decision

Default UFC’s Ronda Rousey Paradox: Dana White’s Looming Decision

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc-ronda-rousey-paradox/

Check out this editorial by forum member Supe about UFC's Ronda Rousey 'paradox' - keep protecting & monetizing her vs. giving her real competition and risking the cash cow.

Terrible article. So your basically saying UFC is protecting Ronda. So the rest of the woman's division is bums and cans. No ronda is just that much better, kind of like gsp and Anderson was for so long. Then to pretty much say if Ronda fights cyborg she will lose.

Remember UFC did offer cyborg to fight Ronda but then if she went to 135 she would die and all that other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503 View Post
    Terrible article. So your basically saying UFC is protecting Ronda. So the rest of the woman's division is bums and cans. No ronda is just that much better, kind of like gsp and Anderson was for so long. Then to pretty much say if Ronda fights cyborg she will lose.

Remember UFC did offer cyborg to fight Ronda but then if she went to 135 she would die and all that other stuff.
    I'm on the fence with how I feel about that but regardless, there are fighters outside of the UFC that are better than her competition she has been facing so it is frustrating not being able to see her fight the very best. To me. it reminds me of all the debates that were had before the merger. Brock/Fedor, GSP/Diaz, etc.

While I don't think the fighters Ronda has faced are bums, I agree with some that have said that she seemingly has the fight won before the ref says go. More often than not, anyway. She's been in this position several times and has the Olympic experience to aid her in being comfortable on this type of stage.

Cyborg does have experience in being center stage and doing well, with her fight against Carano being an example. There's going to be a fighter that stands across from Rousey that doesn't give a fuck about the pressure and will put on a hell of a fight against her. Whether of not that will defeat Rousey is unclear. This coming from a buffoon.

Cyborg on drugs would be interesting. Cyborg drug free having to lose 10 pounds of steroid muscle, Ronda violates her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503 View Post

They are bums and cans, I don't think that can be disputed. There aren't enough gifted, athletic and specific weighted women training their asses off to get into MMA, let alone the UFC specifically. GSP, Anderson and Fedor were in entirely different situations. There are literally millions of men all around the world training from youth to become the next one of those legendary fighters. If, and that's a big if, women's MMA ever equals the men's division these challengers will be looked back on and remembered for what they were which are largely under skilled pioneers.

Rousey looks dominant and people want to put here in the conversation with the greats of the men's division but that's just ridiculous. We still haven't seen her fighting a talented fighter yet and when she does she may look quite pedestrian. She's not the biggest fish in the ocean, not even the pond. More of a large minnow in a mud puddle at this point. If women's MMA does eventually evolve it'll be a shame that she didn't get to swim in the ocean and we'll always wonder how she would have done against current fighters, but that discussion has gone on in every sport forever.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Bet all those bums and cans kick your ass. So an Olympic placing woman isn't talented or athletic, not talking about Ronda either.

You take Ronda out and all of a sudden you have a very competitive division. Ronda is a very special person in terms of talent, I don't think there will be anyone including Holly or cyborg that even comes close to beating Ronda. Holly gets dumbed on her head and subbed within 2 minutes and cyborgs aggression plays against her and Ronda dumps her too within the first.

Yeah stopped reading after his 1st sentence lol what a dumbass lol

Lets keep the hate out of this. Opinion pieces are just that. Disagree all you want but it would be helpful to counterpoint guys and not call one of our own a dumbass for writing an article to support our site.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

I don't think UFC is protecting Ronda at all. All her challengers are in top 10 in the women's bantamweight division. Her first defense was against Kaufman, a former champ and clear #1 contender at the time. Her next defense was against Carmouche, who was dominating the former champ in Coenen until she got caught in a triangle. Her next defense was Meisha Tate, who is another former champ; she stepped in because Zingano was injured. Her next defense was Sara McMann, a silver-medalist olympian who people thought would be Ronda's kryptonite. Her next defense was Alexis Davis, whose BJJ was supposed to stop Ronda's supposed "one-trick"- armbar.

Ronda has yet to face Cat, which is the only real challenger left in the division but I don't see that going drastically differently although Cat's aggressiveness could make it interesting. Holly Holm is a high-level striker, but Ronda is a bad matchup for her. Plus, Holly isn't really even a top 10 as she hasn't faced real competition as of yet. The only person who is considered to be able to beat Ronda is Cyborg Justino. However, she hasn't even made the cut yet and we don't know what her financial demands are either.

The fact is that the women's division is still developing. Ronda does have holes in her game, but she is clearly a few levels above everyone. This is similar to when Hughes was dominating even though he had a pretty glaring hole in his stand-up, however, he was levels above everyone. We tend to see this type of dominance happen in many divisions, such as Anderson Silva, GSP, Fedor, Hughes, Aldo, Jones and now Demetrious. It sometimes take a while (in many cases, years) for a competitor to rise to be able to match up and beat these dominant fighters. This is the same situation in the 135 lb women's division.

Thread Information