Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Pro Wrestler(s)

Glacier is actually part of a funny story that kind of highlights the idiocy of Bishoff's rule in WCW.

Basically, Ray Lloyd(Glacier) was signed on after being basically a job guy in the early 90s and really didn't have much of an upside as a worker, to be part of Bischoff's "Blood Runs Cold" gimmick, where Bischoff wanted to jump on the violent fighting video games like Mortal Kombat bandwagon and start developing WWF-like gimmick characters....

So they sign Lloyd to be "Glacier" and just dump a boatload of money on his entrance and special gimmicks and then brought Ernest Miller onboard(who, I shit you not, got his job because he was Bischoff's kid's karate instructor!!!) and figure they'll do something with Bryan Clarke(Adam Bomb), who had a nice contract and was just sitting around getting paid and finally gave Chris Kanyon a shot due to his size and athleticism. So they get these guys together with the intent of debuting Glacier first and then rolling out his gimmick cohorts and just run these teaser vignettes for months and months, all the while Glacier, Miller, Wrath and Mortis are training karate at a dojo in Georgia waiting for a start date....

Problem was, the nWo began at roughly the exact same time and beside this "worked-shoot" invasion angle with serious heat and thus, the entire Glacier gimmick looked ultra goofy and phoney and creative just lost interest and buried them all in the mid card.

So what you get is, Eric Bischoff(using Turner's money) signing four guys to three year(minimum) deals to work this angle, investing a shitload into costuming and entrances doing all this hype and build, only to completely divest once they stumbled onto the NWO angle. And make no mistake, it was pure luck how the NWO angle kicked off, Bischoff and Sullivan didn't come up with it, it was fans who made the angle and Nash and Hall being crazy perceptive to what was "cool".

It ends up just being a colossal waste of money and one of about a trillion examples of just how silly WCW operated. Bryan Alvarez has a new edition of his "Death of WCW" coming this fall to bookstores and details just how bad WCW was run.

Oh and if you haven't see Ricochet yet, he's probably the next big "Internet Darling". He tore shit up at the Super J tourney this year and his Jr. Title match vs. Kota Ibushi was stellar....

http://dai.ly/x1zzqkz

Also, the same iPPV for New Japan had a sick match between Shelly/Kushida and the Young Bucks. Insane stuff. New Japan has been tearing it up lately. These two bouts are getting a lot of love online right now and Ricochet is just a fucking soon-to-be superstar.

http://dai.ly/x1zzpgy
    Last edited by Fedorlei Gomipierre; 07-10-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Glacier is actually part of a funny story that kind of highlights the idiocy of Bishoff's rule in WCW.

Basically, Ray Lloyd(Glacier) was signed on after being basically a job guy in the early 90s and really didn't have much of an upside as a worker, to be part of Bischoff's "Blood Runs Cold" gimmick, where Bischoff wanted to jump on the violent fighting video games like Mortal Kombat bandwagon and start developing WWF-like gimmick characters....

So they sign Lloyd to be "Glacier" and just dump a boatload of money on his entrance and special gimmicks and then brought Ernest Miller onboard(who, I shit you not, got his job because he was Bischoff's kid's karate instructor!!!) and figure they'll do something with Bryan Clarke(Adam Bomb), who had a nice contract and was just sitting around getting paid and finally gave Chris Kanyon a shot due to his size and athleticism. So they get these guys together with the intent of debuting Glacier first and then rolling out his gimmick cohorts and just run these teaser vignettes for months and months, all the while Glacier, Miller, Wrath and Mortis are training karate at a dojo in Georgia waiting for a start date....

Problem was, the nWo began at roughly the exact same time and beside this "worked-shoot" invasion angle with serious heat and thus, the entire Glacier gimmick looked ultra goofy and phoney and creative just lost interest and buried them all in the mid card.

So what you get is, Eric Bischoff(using Turner's money) signing four guys to three year(minimum) deals to work this angle, investing a shitload into costuming and entrances doing all this hype and build, only to completely divest once they stumbled onto the NWO angle. And make no mistake, it was pure luck how the NWO angle kicked off, Bischoff and Sullivan didn't come up with it, it was fans who made the angle and Nash and Hall being crazy perceptive to what was "cool".

It ends up just being a colossal waste of money and one of about a trillion examples of just how silly WCW operated. Bryan Alvarez has a new edition of his "Death of WCW" coming this fall to bookstores and details just how bad WCW was run.
    90's pro wrestling. So amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

any thing Mick Foley did
    junk yard dog
    big Jon stud
    Piper
    savage
    ddp
    mid night express
    British bull dog

Oh I forgot to mention RVD during his ECW days.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

I used to love Taker, Kane, Sting, The Rock, and Stone Cold. Mankind, too.

All time favorites
    Roddy Piper
    The Rock

Recent Favorites
    CM Punk
    Ziggler
    Dean Ambrose
    Sami Zayne
    Fandango

and watch for the CPW Jr Heavyweight Champion "The Marvel" Jakob Young (he is my nephew)
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Undertaker!!

Now that he is retired, I do not watch WWE anymore.
    But the 90-93 Undertaker was IMO the best one. I loved when someone did his finisher on Taker, and a few seconds later he just sat up. That was awesome.

The other personas were not bad, (However I did not liked too much his American Bad Ass gimmick), but to me, his first persona was the best.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Wow, I didn't know Taker retired. He was always truly my number one favorite when I watched. Yeah, I remember him and Kane both sitting up after finishers sometimes. Good stuff. Nothing like a good old Taker (and Kane) chokeslam, and the last ride is one of the best powerbombs. Those are two of my favorite slams ever. I mean, how could you not love a chokeslam?

I loved every last Taker persona that I had seen. Taker will always be a BAMF.

Well it has not been oficially announced that he is retired, however it is pretty obvious that he is.

For the past 3-4 he has just appeared 1 month before Wrestlemania, then he wrestled at WM and then disappeared again for 11 months.

Now that he lost his streak, looks very out of shape, and keeps struggling with injuries I really doubt that he will be back again.
    Maybe he will make some appearence at some special edition of RAW, but that's it.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information