Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Report: Rashad Evans interested in WWE career

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    What is the deal with this Bray Wyatt guy? Bloodstain Lane posts about him so much.
    He has the best personality and story telling ability of all the recent talent.
    He isn't new, he was apart of the first nexus group and worked the indy circuits prior.
    If you like the old school style promo where a guy had to tell a story then translate that to in ring work , he is your guy.
    If he can improve his in ring technique he could be the Taker for this gen.

wwe already has or had a Rashad Evans, see David Otunga. He isnt around much anymore and after the initial 3 week run, Rashad wouldn't be either
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Exclusive: Former UFC champion Rashad Evans addresses WWE rumors
    The former UFC Light Heavyweight champion spoke to MMAmania.com earlier this afternoon, revealing that if that were the case, it wouldn't occur until after his mixed martial arts (MMA) career was over.

"If I ever did anything like that, it would be after I finished fighting, and I'm not gonna (sic) be done fighting for at least four years," he said.

Evans is currently rehabbing from a knee injury that forced him out of his fight against Daniel Cormier that was scheduled for UFC 170. Said The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 2 winner about his rehab, "I'm five months in and feeling pretty good."

"Suga" elaborated further on the professional wrestling rumor, stating that the money would have to be right for him to even entertain the idea.

"I had a million people asking me if I was retiring for wrestling, but honestly speaking, if I didn't get seriously paid to do it I wouldn't do it," Evans said. "I think it would be disrespectful to my legacy in the UFC if I didn't do a deal that would make sense where I got paid! Besides, that shit is harder on my body than fighting."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Wow I forgot all about that. I'd trash it, but who the fuck am I to talk shit about his fight?

He's had a cage fight, while I'm sitting my ass in front of a computer drinking terrible coffee.
    A man should never have to drink terrible coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    wwe already has or had a Rashad Evans, see David Otunga. He isnt around much anymore and after the initial 3 week run, Rashad wouldn't be either
    What similarities besides Rashad and Otunga both are black educated males do they have in common?
    Otunga was a Harvard educated bodybuilder prior to WWE (professional wrestling) and Rashad Evans was / is a Mixed Martial Artist with a collegiate wrestling background, and a degree in psychology if I am not mistaken.

The closest thing WWE has had to Rashad Evan's was Shelton Benjamin, which was alluded to earlier in the thread.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Intelligently spoken by Suga.

I hope he gets to keep his position as a commentator after he retires. I find him very entertaining and I think he can add a lot to commentary. I would love to see Rashad , Stann/Cormier and Florian as the lead guys for UFC television shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    What similarities besides Rashad and Otunga both are black educated males do they have in common?
    Otunga was a Harvard educated bodybuilder prior to WWE (professional wrestling) and Rashad Evans was / is a Mixed Martial Artist with a collegiate wrestling background, and a degree in psychology if I am not mistaken.

The closest thing WWE has had to Rashad Evan's was Shelton Benjamin, which was alluded to earlier in the thread.
    Relatively soft but well spoken.
    Exhibit mannerisms not usually associated with "tough" guys.
    Good looking.
    Both have had their sexuality questioned.
    Both like having their nipples tweaked.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Relatively soft but well spoken.
    Exhibit mannerisms not usually associated with "tough" guys.
    Good looking.
    Both have had their sexuality questioned.
    Both like having their nipples tweaked.
    Heh, okay. I can take that.
    I was looking more in the line of what their in ring ability would be/is.

I have never understood the nipple tweak

I may have just thrown that in there without knowledge of Otunga but I can see it as being plausible.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

LOL

I don't think anyone has actually questioned Otunga's sexuality considering who his wife is.
    I have never seen Otunga doing the nipple tweak.
    But everything else is pretty much on point.

Thread Information