Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unbeaten women's bantamweight Holly Holm signs with UFC

I don't want to be the asshole here, but while she's been impressive as hell in her pro fights thus far, I'm not sold on here yet and feel she's got to prove a little more. It's great that they're beefing up the women's division and I "get" that they'll be grooming Holm to be Rousey's foil.

That said, I'd be a lot more pleased if they signed Coenen since I think she's a helluva bigger threat to Rousey than anybody else at the present moment.

I am so fucking excited for this. I usually dont like women's mma but it is because of the quality of fighting and these two girls are world class. Should be awesome!! This fight when it happens will have a ton of hype. The UFC should utilize it to build one of their other champs into a star.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I don't want to be the asshole here, but while she's been impressive as hell in her pro fights thus far, I'm not sold on here yet and feel she's got to prove a little more. It's great that they're beefing up the women's division and I "get" that they'll be grooming Holm to be Rousey's foil.

That said, I'd be a lot more pleased if they signed Coenen since I think she's a helluva bigger threat to Rousey than anybody else at the present moment.
    I agree with your take on Holm. I think she is largely unproven, and I still see Rousey taking it to the ground and submitting her.

I just don't see Coenen offering anything though, especially after witnessing her fights with both Carmouche and Tate.

It's about damn time! Cant wait to see her fight, great addition to the ranks for WMMA. You guys are right she may not of been tested by the talent the UFC holds, but I have faith in her. We shall see!
    I promise that Holm vs Rousey will be a great fight, ground not so much if it goes there but Holm's striking is leaps and bounds ahead of Ronda.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I admit that I have always believed Cyborg would destroy Rousey, but now I am not so sure. Rousey just seems to look better and better in every fight, while showing new skills, and finishing with those new skills. She's a freaking beast.

I can't imagine Rousey would be stupid enough to stand and strike with Holly - she would be out of her mind. If Rousey can get her to the ground without absorbing too much damage, then it is game over for Holly.

Can't wait to see her putting the stamp on wenches.

I don't see her stopping the Ronda hiptoss of doom though.

about Time! Holly is one of my fav Female fighters. I don't want to see her fight rhonda anytime soon tho. I would like to see her win 3-4 times before that fight happens. She hasnt really faught in name compition in MMA. Sh e needs to be worked up and get some wins agianst name contenders. For her welcome fight I say give her "Cheesecake"

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    I admit that I have always believed Cyborg would destroy Rousey, but now I am not so sure. Rousey just seems to look better and better in every fight, while showing new skills, and finishing with those new skills. She's a freaking beast.

I can't imagine Rousey would be stupid enough to stand and strike with Holly - she would be out of her mind. If Rousey can get her to the ground without absorbing too much damage, then it is game over for Holly.
    Although I do believe Rousey's skills are improving in the standup, I don't think they are at that elite level. Not to mention the reason she looks better in every fight is because, her opponents have gotten weaker. She is also the bigger fighter each time too.

Davis looked a bit small compared to Rousey, and while she has credentials, none of which is elite.
    McMann was coming off a long layoff to fight Rousey, who had just competed less than 10 weeks prior to the fight.

Holm won't showcase any of her standup vs Ronda. Rousey will close the distance with her straight punches, grab a hold of her, and finish her. 1st round sub/tko.

The only wildcard going for Holm is she is a Jackson/Winkeljohn fighter. She will come in with a gameplan and improved TDD but it won't be good enough against someone that has trained judo throws and great ground control her whole life.

HO-COP! She is going to do some work in the UFC I reckon!
    Go without a coat when it's cold; find out what cold is. Go hungry; keep your existence lean. Wear away the fat, get down to the lean tissue and see what it's all about. The only time you define your character is when you go without. In times of hardship, you find out what you're made of and what you're capable of. If you're never tested, you'll never define you character.

Ho Cop? Is that what we're going with? Ho Cop. I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Thread Information