Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roman Reigns

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I get why Vince and Vince alone made the call, Brock's legit and has an INSANE resume that makes him a legit monster.

But as a wrestling fan from the business-side, Brock is "business" only to a certain degree given his limited dates and even without "breaking the streak" he's already over like rover and I don't think he needed this extra "rub" on top of everything else. Personally, I think it benefitted Heyman more than anybody....

I think the two names that should've broken the streak would've been either Reigns or Wyatt, as it would've been a "career maker" that gets somebody over who works the house shows and can assist in drawing on a consistent basis- something of a LONG-TERM INVESTMENT, rather than those minimal shots Brock makes, that'll draw regardless.

Judging from the way they did it, it was a knee-jerk call from Vince, fearing that Taker wasn't good for another year and just figured to kill the streak. Looking back, it wasn't the show-closer and wasn't built-up as an angle to really achieve maximum effectiveness and they didn't sell Brock as a total risk leading up. Creative was shit on the build and I think it took a lot away from the SHOCK of when the three count occurred. It was a Bruno/Koloff stunned-silence moment, but I don't think the entire execution was successful and think there were superior ways to book it.
    That said, you're totally 100%, if anybody were to "kill the streak" it should've been a career maker for either Reigns or Wyatt and if they want to specifically push Reigns to the very top, that's a career maker. Then again, I've yet to hear a very sound argument for Brock ending it, since the business to do with him is so limited and not a longterm investment....
    I agree in a perfect world giving the taker win to somebody who could build off of it would be great, but who was ready for it at that time? You give 'Taker the win over Brock, but then what? 'taker isn't coming back next year, he's done. Lesnar as a monster heel does huge $$$ against Cena, Bryan, maybe even Reigns down the road. Like The Icon said, the rub off of the rub might be even better. Yea Lesnar is a part timer, but with the timing of everything I think giving Lesnar the win was the best call.

Lord I agree it could have been built up better.

And I've heard it both ways, it was Vince that made and all, it was 'taker who hand picked Lesnar, etc etc. But there have been so many rumors about what went on backstage leading up to the match, who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Well, Taker originally requested to work Bryan at Mania, believing it would give him the "best match" and he ended up with Brock.

If I were booking, I'd have had Cena fuck Taker over, end the streak and start the big heel turn before Cena's run on top was up, akin to Hogan in 1996 and maybe book a Cena/Taker II rematch for WM31, but Cena just moves too much merch. Given the roster, I'd have given it to Wyatt since he's got the whole supernatural thing going for him. He may not have been ready, but he's long-term and could've used that rub.

I'd have been OK with Brock going over if they'd have built the angle up but they really failed at it and it came across as an afterthought. Add in Taker getting concussed early in the match and it just felt off. Brock scares me though, as he's flighty and doesn't NEED the money and could at anytime tell Vince to fuck off and just go back to farming and shooting things, so there I question the investment into Brock ending it.

I totally get all of the reasons FOR Brock ending it and I'm still kinda on the fence, but as somebody who has studied the territory days extensively, it was just the wrong way to execute that specific payoff.

I can certainly agree with that FG the build up was off and that hurt the payoff a bit. Bryan didn't need the push from Taker and Wyatt would have also been my personal choice.

Cena won't turn heel until he absolutely has to and by then hopefully no one will see it coming like Hogan did.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

I like Reigns and loved The Shield. At the moment he is a dominant face who doesn't bore me which is pretty rare in WWE. I just hope when he does get the BIG push he doesn't become Cena-lite because that will kill me and probably send me on another WWE hiatus.

I am quite enjoying Reigns right now and I am looking forward to them working him up. I just hope the writing team does not ruin this with stupid swerves and pushes.
    I think having Reigns v Lesnar at WM would be great but they have got to work the match prior. I would hate to see a Goldberg v Lesnar reboot.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

I'm a bigger fan of Ambrose right now, than I am Reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I'm a bigger fan of Ambrose right now, than I am Reigns.
    I think Ambrose has it all, he is good on the mic, great in the ring and he can switch between Face and Heel with relative ease. In my opinion he is more ready than Reigns to be a champion.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

What's with all the nWo stuff?

Something to do with the facebook page

Thread Information