+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Jose Aldo rips ‘pu--y’ Chad Mendes: ‘Keep talking while you have a mouth’

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    8,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Where does the title belong besides with the reigning defending champ?
    What part of "Merica" don't you understand?

    I want Jose to smash Mendez again, but without grabbing the cage.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

  2. #22

    Default

    I still see Aldo beating Mendes. People may consider Mendes a bad matchup for Aldo (much like they did before their first fight) but i think Aldo is actually a bad matchup for Mendes. Aldo has great TDD, has much better standup, and is very fast and explosive.

    I know Mendes is on a 5-fight win streak with knocking fighters out but I don't feel any of these guys were the top guys. Two were truly levels below him (McKenzie and Meza), and the other 3 guys were stylistically great matchups for him (Elkins, Guida and Lentz). I still think Swanson's resume is much better at this point as during the same time frame, he beat Stephens, Siver, Poirier, Oliveira, Pearson, and Roop. Forget thinking that Aldo is running away from him, he should just be glad that he didn't get passed over for a more-deserving contender.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Nice to see some old guys back around btw.
    old posters coming out of the woodwork! glad to see the traffic coming back to the site. Welcome back ya'll that have been MIA for awhile, we've missed you. There for awhile it was only like the same group of 10 guys posting

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Where does the title belong besides with the reigning defending champ?
    I say that in a half joking manner, and because Mendes said it on Twitter, but in all seriousness to an extent I am not kidding. The UFC is an American company, and for all the pride the Brazilian fighters have in their country, they wouldn't be where they are if it wasn't for America. I'm not ashamed to say that I would prefer if a title was around the waist of somebody waving old glory. So while you are right, and I was kidding, I am not embarrassed to say that I want Mendes to win because I want an American to be champ.

    And before I get hit with a Caveman label, there is a rivalry there. Look no further than the UFC 175 poster to see it. The UFC sees it, and profits from it.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    I still think Swanson's resume is much better at this point as during the same time frame, he beat Stephens, Siver, Poirier, Oliveira, Pearson, and Roop. Forget thinking that Aldo is running away from him, he should just be glad that he didn't get passed over for a more-deserving contender.
    Aldo would fuck Cub Swanson up in a heartbeat AGAIN.. I dont want to watch a murder in progress, no thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I say that in a half joking manner, and because Mendes said it on Twitter, but in all seriousness to an extent I am not kidding. The UFC is an American company, and for all the pride the Brazilian fighters have in their country, they wouldn't be where they are if it wasn't for America. I'm not ashamed to say that I would prefer if a title was around the waist of somebody waving old glory. So while you are right, and I was kidding, I am not embarrassed to say that I want Mendes to win because I want an American to be champ.

    And before I get hit with a Caveman label, there is a rivalry there. Look no further than the UFC 175 poster to see it. The UFC sees it, and profits from it.
    There is definitely a rivalry. I agree with everything you said and no Caveman label necessary. Ultimately us Americans usually want to see the Red White and Blue wear the gold. Only instance I cheered against us was Weidman vs Machida, as I've been a Machida fan for a very long time. Nothing against Chris, I like him alot, I just went with my favored fighter.
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 07-12-2014 at 07:16 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    What is different? Aldo was just saying not long ago that Mendes is a faggot. This is nothing new.
    And back to my point, Aldo should just keep quiet. He's not a good shit talker. He needs to keep his mouth shut and just hurt people. Simple as that.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Deep down the rabbit hole.
    Posts
    7,074

    Default

    Cub has done more than enough to earn a second crackhead at Aldo. We don't know how he would do because he got caught in like 7 seconds in their first fight. I would love to see a rematch now. It'd be a great battle between two badass fighters who are great strikers.

    I like that Aldo is opening his mouth. He needs the attention.

  8. #28

    Default

    Lets not forget JDS laid Cain out in their first fight and Cain came back and smashed cigano in the two subsequent rematches. You can get caught. Cub deserves his title fight.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Cub has done more than enough to earn a second crackhead at Aldo. We don't know how he would do because he got caught in like 7 seconds in their first fight. I would love to see a rematch now. It'd be a great battle between two badass fighters who are great strikers.

    I like that Aldo is opening his mouth. He needs the attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Lets not forget JDS laid Cain out in their first fight and Cain came back and smashed cigano in the two subsequent rematches. You can get caught. Cub deserves his title fight.
    sorry I forgot to put AGAIN in my earlier post, It was bright and early the smorning before I got my coffee.

    I never said he DIDNT DESERVE a Rematch, He's well earned it you are right..
    I just dont see Cub on Aldo's level, not even close. Jose outclasses him and has better skils in every aspect of the fight game. I dont think it goes well for him the 2nd time either.. Just my thoughts.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I say that in a half joking manner, and because Mendes said it on Twitter, but in all seriousness to an extent I am not kidding. The UFC is an American company, and for all the pride the Brazilian fighters have in their country, they wouldn't be where they are if it wasn't for America.
    The UFC might be an American company but it wouldn't be where it is today without Brazilian fighters. Hell the company was set up and established on the back of Gracie Ju Jitsu.

    Mendes was out of line by suggesting Aldo is running but what he said all seems to be part of 'playing the game' now. I perceive it to be him trying to build hype and keep his spot in the queue by having a 'genuine' rivalry which will ultimately earn Jose and the UFC more money.

    I really like Aldo, he's a killer and should be a much bigger star. I think the UFC have done a pretty poor job of marketing him. I hope he wins comprehensively and there are no cage grabs or any other controversies that can take away from his win.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •