Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If he beats Miller, Donald Cerrone wants Nurmagomedov next

Default If he beats Miller, Donald Cerrone wants Nurmagomedov next

If he beats Miller, Donald Cerrone wants Nurmagomedov next
    http://www.mmafightcorner.com/2014/0...ight-night-45/
    “I didn’t think about it like coming in with three wins,” Cerrone told MMA Fight Corner. “I don’t think momentum counts in the fight game. It’s just a matter of fight to fight. But yea, I’m super ready. He’s probably just as excited as I am to get in there and get after it, so come on Wednesday.”

Combined, Cerrone and Miller own a total of 28 submission victories. In Miller’s last two fights, the New Jersey native submitted both of his opponents inside of the first round. But, “Cowboy” shrugged off his adversary’s prowess in that department. Overall, Cerrone’s confident that his skills can overpower Miller’s.

“I’m not real impressed,” Cerrone said. “I’m sure he gets submissions, but he has to make it past my stand up first and that’s kind of where he lacks and one of my strong points is. So we’ll see, I’m excited. But I believe my submission game is equal to his, if not better.”

This year he stopped Adriano Martins with a head kick and also submitted Edson Barboza just two months ago. In his last 3 fights, he’s raked in $150,000 worth of post-fight bonus money for his flashy stoppages. With 15 submissions and three knockouts to his name, Cerrone said hunting for finishes is something that’s instinctive to him.

“It’s just like second nature, man. I have no idea how to explain it. I jump on people for submissions, like people jump on people to try and finish with punches. I don’t know why I do that. It’s something that…it’s just inside me. As soon as I see the opportunity I go for it.”

No matter how key of a divisional matchup this is, the 31-year old isn’t pressuring himself to extend his win streak to four. Nor is he overly concerned with locking down a title shot. Knowing he’s heading into Miller’s backyard in Atlantic City doesn’t faze him either. Ultimately, he feels like he has nothing to lose.

In fact, Cerrone already has his next fight planned. If he gets past Miller, Cerrone wants to take on the undefeated Khabib Nurmagomedov (22-0).

“Everyone’s scared to fight this guy. I’m not. I don’t care and I’ll get in there and fight him,” Cerrone stated.

“Fighting for that belt sure [I would]. The only problem with fighting for that belt is that you have to wait so long. You’ve got to sit and wait for 6 to 8 months. I’m not a sit and wait kind of guy. I like my money and I like spending my money. I got to keep it coming in you know. So, I’ll stay fighting.”

Others in the 155-pound division haven’t been so quick to call out Nurmagomedov. But Cerrone fears nothing about the Dagestani product, who’s openly stated he wants to take on the winner of Wednesday’s main event.

“There’s just a bunch of talk. I don’t know why they’re are so scared of him. People in our division are funny. They get hurt, or they pretend they’re hurt, or they don’t like taking fights, or they only want certain fights. I’ll just fight anybody,” Cerrone said.

“Khabib’s dangerous. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not telling everyone that he’s not,” Cerrone continued. “He’s a good wrestler, he can get people up against the cage and just grind you out. But no, I’m not scared to fight any man at all. No way, no how. No.

“If that’s the next fight, bring it on. I’m actually excited to fight him. I’ll fight a guy that no one wants to fight. You know what I mean? So, come on.”

As a man who lives for the sheer thrills life has to offer, getting into the cage means just another day at work. For Cerrone, an ideal scenario would be to make quick work of Miller, notch another bonus, add a luxury item to his array of toys which includes a boat and RV, and line up his next fight.

“There’s nothing on the line for me. Zero. It makes no difference to me. People don’t understand. There’s zero pressure for me to get in there and fight. I don’t care. I do not care… I’m going to fight my a** off, that’s the only way I know how. But as far as added pressure of ‘Oh, I’ve got a win streak. Oh, I’ve got to win’. I don’t give a s***.

“Winning or losing is just a by product of performing well. If I go in and fight my a** off and lose, there’s nothing I can do. I mean, there’s no pressure. I don’t care. I just go and fight.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Unfortunately is see this ending in a takedown fest for khabib is it were to happen

I don't know that anyone is "scared" of Nurmagomedov, at all.

I know fighters like Nate were leery of the risk/reward ratio--particularly when he thinks he's not getting paid enough--but since Khabib is ranked much higher than Cerrone, he doesn't have to worry about that.

Cerrone should simply be focused on getting wins over any ranked opponents, so his streak actually means something, and Miller is a good step in that direction.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I think looking towards another person prior to securing your victory is not the best move. I enjoy Cerrone and would like to see him do damage in the division but just like prior to the Diaz fight it just seemed he wasn't completely focused.
    getting through Jim Miller is going to be no easy task.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Unreg Guest

I have no interest in this fight. Khabib would control Cerrone for the whole fight imo.

I hope they make Khabib v Ben Henderson next. Would be a real test for Khabib.

I would say Id like to see Miller v Bendo, but I grow tired of watching two guys fight for a decision.

I know it would be a title fight, but regardless of who deserves what, I really would like to see Cerrone v Pettis.

I could care less if Donald has deserved the shot, or even if Pettis has the belt or not, but Id rather see Cerrone fight Pettis or Melendez.

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    I would say Id like to see Miller v Bendo, but I grow tired of watching two guys fight for a decision.

I know it would be a title fight, but regardless of who deserves what, I really would like to see Cerrone v Pettis.

I could care less if Donald has deserved the shot, or even if Pettis has the belt or not, but Id rather see Cerrone fight Pettis or Melendez.
    Pettis beat Cerrone about a year, maybe a year and a half ago. 1st round TKO.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post

dont you remember what happened last time...

and

EDIT:

Didnt realize Riv posted above me. apologies for the double post.

yes

I also have access to memory and google. but both of those guys have improved since then

besides the fact that I dont give two shits about then, what matters is now, and STILL I believe the more entertaining fight is Cerrone v Pettis or Gilbert

even if it ends the same way, I would watch that fight over Cerrone v Nurmagomedov

10. 07-15-2014, 11:13 PM

Reason
    spam

fuck this person

Thread Information