Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping's Career Derailed Due To PED's

Default Michael Bisping's Career Derailed Due To PED's

http://www.mmanews.com/many-asterisk...ing-next-loss/

Check out this editorial from forum member Fedorlei Gomipierre looking at the effect of banned substances on Michael Bisping's career, specifically, most of his losses being against fighters who have tested positive for PED's

Good job fed! Given recent developments this is a very interesting topic.

Honestly had chael not been juiced to the gills. Which I'm sure he was. We could've had that bisping/silva beat down I always wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Good thought provoking article. One of the very few issues I have with this forum is the way certain fighters are treated differently based on their popularity. I'd say at least half the posters here don't give Bisping his due purely because they don't like him and will spam every thread about him with THAT Hendo gif. The irony of which being had Bisping landed the second Hendo shot everyone would be adding it to the list of terrible things he's done rather than praising it to high heavens...

It's really hard to say how Bisping or anyone else's career would have turned out now we know some of their opponents were getting extra help. Hell if Overeem was clean (assuming he wasn't) Brock possibly would have been around longer.

Considering all the variables I think Bisping's best chance at the title shot was vs Sonnen, it was a close fight and without TRT maybe Sonnen doesn't make it over the line first. That being said Bisping gets tooled by Anderson if they ever faced.

As much as there should be an asterix against the fighters who have failed drugs tests it's impossible to know if they were juicing when they fought Mike and those who were on TRT were complying with the (flawed) rules of the sport at the time as far as we know. MAYBE TRT/ PED abuse cost Bisping one big payday but we can only speculate about that and what level his opponents could have performed at without them. We also don't know if he has used anything himself but been smart enough to not get caught. My overwhelming feeling is that despite all these what-ifs he just lost to better fighters and still wouldn't have made it to the elite level.

Michael Bisping re-tweeted the article. Yeahhhh buddy!

Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Not going to write a ton. I am a fan of fed and respect his knowledge and opinion. That said the very title made me want to hate the article, but I had to read it, and I got to admit I agreed with it. Looking at it objectively that is a very plausible thought process. Great article fedG.

One point: I think Daniel Cormier does that to dan h trt, or not. That is coming from a big Hendo fan.

Great article. Awesome that Bisping saw it and shared it with others as well. In light of the Vitor/Wandy/Chael saga, it certainly does add doubt to those wins over Bisping.

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    Great article. Awesome that Bisping saw it and shared it with others as well. In light of the Vitor/Wandy/Chael saga, it certainly does add doubt to those wins over Bisping.
    If we are being honest, who here didn't assume that they were all juicing? I have always thought of Silva as a juicer, the same goes for Vitor and Chael. Im sure Bisping thought the same.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Good job, Fed.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    If we are being honest, who here didn't assume that they were all juicing? I have always thought of Silva as a juicer, the same goes for Vitor and Chael. Im sure Bisping thought the same.
    I think when I first watched the fights they had with Bisping, I had blinders on due to disliking Bisping at the time. So I think I wanted to believe that there wasn't anything fishy in that regard. Call it willful ignorance or a wish to have the sport be mostly made up of fighters who don't cheat. But when push comes to shove, some people take any advantage they can get.

At this point I don't have any fighter that I'd consider my favorite to watch. Part of it stems from this issue. I don't want to become too attached to a fighter to the point where if they tested positive, it's extremely devastating.

Thread Information