+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping's Career Derailed Due To PED's

as one of the bigger Bisping haters the article definitely has me thinking... granted I think he got a few gift decisions but what he did vs Chael was impressive and does deserve a mental asterisk...

but after the Rivera fight ill always hate him and love THE Hendo gif until the end of time

2. Default

This thread is missing something... I cant put my finger on it....

FG - Great work.

Agree with most but, like Miz, I think Hendo/Cormier happens that way no matter what. Hendo didn't have tremendous growth during his usage. Seems like he just slowed the march of time. That said, he might have then been as slow as he is today were it not for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    This thread is missing something... I cant put my finger on it....
    I REALLY, REALLY miss Hoss!

P.S. Don't give Bisping too much sympathy. The UFC protected him like a newborn baby right up until he had to face a top guy to get a shot at the title.
    Last edited by The Donosaur; 07-13-2014 at 02:38 AM.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    FG - Great work.

Agree with most but, like Miz, I think Hendo/Cormier happens that way no matter what. Hendo didn't have tremendous growth during his usage. Seems like he just slowed the march of time. That said, he might have then been as slow as he is today were it not for it.
    My main issue regarding Hendo and why I pointed out how poorly he looked in the Cormier fight specifically, is that I really question if during the period "that we know" he was on TRT(as prior to that is merely speculation), if he hadn't been using some form of testosterone exemption, if Hendo would've been able to make it through so many of these "big fight" camps or at the very least, pushed himself to the pace he did, had it not be for enhancements....

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    My main issue regarding Hendo and why I pointed out how poorly he looked in the Cormier fight specifically, is that I really question if during the period "that we know" he was on TRT(as prior to that is merely speculation), if he hadn't been using some form of testosterone exemption, if Hendo would've been able to make it through so many of these "big fight" camps or at the very least, pushed himself to the pace he did, had it not be for enhancements....

Hendo has looked slower and more one demensional for awhile now, and it has progressively been getting worse before he stopped using TRT. That combined with the fact that DC was/is a bad matchup for Hendo, and the fact that they should be separated by 2 weight classes, in my opinion, means that Hendo was going to lose that fight bad, no matter what (excluding a Hendo Bomb). A bigger stronger wrestler, that sticks to his strategy, should easily beat last couple of years Hendo.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    It's a good point. And my gut is always that most of these 35+ year old guys with years of fighting wear and tear on TRT couldn't have extended their careers with full camps any other way. But, that said, I don't know the medical side of it. It's an interesting question of how much of an asterisk that leaves if Hendo was simply extending his career, not enhancing beyond that. On the one hand, that doesn't meet the spirit of "cheating" in my mind. On the other, it does mean that Bisping had a competitor who wouldn't have been in his era otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I REALLY, REALLY miss Hoss!
    Now that the forum isn't 20 pages of arguments and pictures of Hitler, maybe he'll come back? I miss him too

Michael Bisping's entire career as an mma fighter will be summed up as a victim of a historic H-Bomb. No abuse of what Hendo was using so no asterisk needed, thanks.
    Legalize MMA in New York

I like the provocation of thought. Well done.

What I dislike is the assumption that those fighters were dirty at the time and the assumption that bisping would have somehow won otherwise.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information