Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping's Career Derailed Due To PED's

Maybe the end of Fedors career should be looked at differently as well.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

I promise that TRT, when being used properly, isn't the devil. It was legal. It has now been vilified, but it was legal. It was just a polarizing topic not long ago, but because it has been banned, it's now time to rewrite history.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

3. Default

Really? Page 3 and still nothing? You guys too busy flossing your teeth with one another's tongues? Don't let this happen again...

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Really? Page 3 and still nothing? You guys too busy flossing your teeth with one another's tongues? Don't let this happen again...

You came back! My heart feels whole again.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Very good article. I don't really hate Bisping. Him and Herman were my favorites from season 3. But as a fan of Pantera and Hendo I still think my available is awesome.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

H0SS you so crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I promise that TRT, when being used properly, isn't the devil. It was legal. It has now been vilified, but it was legal. It was just a polarizing topic not long ago, but because it has been banned, it's now time to rewrite history.
    Agreed. But even without abuse (which is the bigger issue) it's interesting to think about how it changes the landscape. Suppose Hendo never had TRT and had to retire earlier or was a bit slower earlier. It could have changed Bisping's career dramatically. With the recent rule change, it's interesting to ponder what would have been if the rules changed earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    What I dislike is the assumption that those fighters were dirty at the time and the assumption that bisping would have somehow won otherwise.
    I completely understand where you are coming from and I can't speak for FG, but I'm assuming both Vitor and Sonnen were juiced up at the time. Maybe it's not fair, but the timelines certainly make enough sense to question it. That said, I agree that without enhancement, it still doesn't guarantee Bisping anything. Pre-TRT Vitor was more likely to punch than kick, but he was a KO risk for Bisping.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Welcome back, good sir.

Out of the four that Fed mentioned in the article, I have a tendency to believe Hendo before the others.

Chael of course didn't have much credibility after 117, though I did want to believe he wasn't fucking around with any PEDs. I'd like to believe that with any fighter though. The persona he's displayed since the first title fight with Anderson didn't help with credibility.

Vitor wasn't ever a favorite of mine, so there is admittedly some bias there. A previous positive test doesn't help matters, but I didn't really consider him a cheater until his random test this year was positive. The fact he could get the next title shot is infuriating because I don't believe anyone who tests positive should have that opportunity, regardless of their resume. I'd say they should fight at least one or two more times to get the shot if they tested hot.

Wanderlei running from the drug test was sad for me. A simple phone call to the commission to verify the collector's employment erases Wandy's reason/excuse for running. It just throws gas on the fire in his case.

I may be foolish in using the mindset of innocent until proven guilty, but I can't help but do so for any fighter. It isn't that I don't think they may have done something, it's just because they haven't been caught yet and it would only be speculation. Hendo hasn't had any melted drug tests in his career as far as I know, so I tend to believe in him being within the parameters of testing. It would all be erased if he tested hot.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I like the provocation of thought. Well done.

What I dislike is the assumption that those fighters were dirty at the time and the assumption that bisping would have somehow won otherwise.
    I felt that the title being "What If" left the question of whether or not Bisping may have won on an "even playing field" more up to the reader to question, not necessary making a blanket assumption that Bisping would've won "just because" they may have been juicing. Also, I use the phrase "mental asterisk" because there weren't immediately failed drug tests, but I think that all four, with Hendo being the most defendable, having quite questionable legacies and tainted wins, might make the leap to assuming they were juicing, I think they probably were and I definitely think Chael was, but I certainly appreciate the assumption being a tad of a leap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    That's the thing though, TRT was not being "used properly" from jump, that's why other professional sports leagues NEVER allowed it. These guys were taking high test shots and not being drug tested and watchdogged all the time and took severe advantage of it, that's why guys like Vitor or Nate or Overeem got busted with high levels, they weren't taking the "prescribed amount" but were exploiting the prescribed nature of it being a medical issue to take fair-trade PEDs. If it wasn't such a questionable situation, there'd have been massive use across the major sports and they weren't.

Thread Information