Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guest SPAM

Default Guest SPAM

For the love of god, please disable Guests from posting. There is soo much off-topic unrelated spam bullshit being posted on the website now its not funny and really taking away from quality discussion/keeping track of what's being said.

If you need help removing it, I gladly volunteer for a Temporary-MOD position just to keep the spam away, as I am on here browsing periodically daily anyhow and spend a good deal of free time on this site.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    For the love of god, please disable Guests from posting. There is soo much off-topic unrelated spam bullshit being posted on the website now its not funny and really taking away from quality discussion/keeping track of what's being said.

If you need help removing it, I gladly volunteer for a Temporary-MOD position just to keep the spam away, as I am on here browsing periodically daily anyhow and spend a good deal of free time on this site.
    I'm guessing maybe things got hacked site was down for quite some time

I know. We were bickering on Facebook about it for awhile, but I figured maintenance or something with the server, not hacked.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    I know. We were bickering on Facebook about it for awhile, but I figured maintenance or something with the server, not hacked.
    Maybe but you;d think they'd announce that or put a maintenance page up.

Just looking at all the other spam seems like the site was targeted. The noob jack section is still full of it.

Working on it

The site did not get hacked. We moved to a new server and the site went down while the server info was updating.

The Guest Spam is because I was trying to fix the issue of New Users not being able to post or view the forum. I loosened the restrictions too much and some spam bots got in. It's almost fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    The site did not get hacked. We moved to a new server and the site went down while the server info was updating.

The Guest Spam is because I was trying to fix the issue of New Users not being able to post or view the forum. I loosened the restrictions too much and some spam bots got in. It's almost fixed.

Thanks for the update... vrazy to think that the spam bots are all lying in wait like that just for some small change in security

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Who is this anonymous admin?

Default Spam

whats the eta to get all the spam figured out. There so much it makes it hard to even come comment here. Thanks in advance admin (or SJ since you took care of this shit last time)

I'm gonna merge this with the thread already posted in the site suggestions forum.

I'm killing it as I see it happen today. The stuff last night appears to have been a permissions issue the new admin changed.

I killed as much as I could last night but it took me like 2.5 hours on my ipad which got out of control.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Thread Information