Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Weidman won't entertain Johny Hendricks super fight, Jon Jones on the other hand...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,781

    Default

    There's really nothing to dislike about Weidman. There's quite a few fighters that could learn a thing or two from him.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    349

    Default

    It will be interesting to see if his demeanor and persona change should he lose a fight.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Alternate Universe
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    I don't think Hendricks has fought anyone over six feet except Condit has he? I doubt Weidman has fought anyone under six feet. 185 has some monsters.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

  4. #24
    sevicrane Guest

    Default

    I think he loses against jones atm but maybe few years down he takes it

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Wonder if Hendricks will still feel slighted from hearing those comments. My guess is he will lol

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Wonder if Hendricks will still feel slighted from hearing those comments. My guess is he will lol
    If he does, he needs someone in his camp to interpret reality for him, or things aren't going to go well, long-term.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    If he does, he needs someone in his camp to interpret reality for him, or things aren't going to go well, long-term.

    rh
    Definately. I could just see Hendricks having something to say.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Definately. I could just see Hendricks having something to say.
    I could even see him feeling a need to respond--so much of the UFC's marketing is based on "just get your name out there" and the flawed assertion that no publicity is bad publicity. I get that a lot of guys run a game on the media, many of them because they feel they have to.

    But I hope, for Johny's sake, that if he does respond with outrage, it's game; and not sincere. My concern with him is he seems to believe his own hype--and I get that is part of being an elite athlete, competing against ridiculous odds--but his apparent grasp of reality in the past seems tenuous, to me.

    But if he really buys into it, I'd have to put him into the delusional-Ronda-thinking-she-can-beat-Cain [under the right circumstances] category.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I could even see him feeling a need to respond--so much of the UFC's marketing is based on "just get your name out there" and the flawed assertion that no publicity is bad publicity. I get that a lot of guys run a game on the media, many of them because they feel they have to.

    But I hope, for Johny's sake, that if he does respond with outrage, it's game; and not sincere. My concern with him is he seems to believe his own hype--and I get that is part of being an elite athlete, competing against ridiculous odds--but his apparent grasp of reality in the past seems tenuous, to me.

    But if he really buys into it, I'd have to put him into the delusional-Ronda-thinking-she-can-beat-Cain [under the right circumstances] category.

    rh
    I'd expect Johnny to think he can beat Weidman, but I'll be rolling my eyes if it's response where he's pissy and going a derogatory route speaking of Weidman. He didn't show much poise before and after the GSP fight, whether he got burned by the decision or not (don't think I ever caught up and saw that fight).

  10. Default

    I see the question asked was put infront of him by a producer for ratings. TV doesn't care about the sport it's $$$$ plain and simple, and money today not tomorrow too. I could see DW wanting the question out there to get a feeler on what the public wants. If every fight Johny goes and wins the fans have it in the back of their head Johny wants a Chris fight they'll talk about it.

    Biggest thing I liked about Chris's response was this isn't even talk right now/ shouldn't be discussed yet

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •