Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC Fight Night 45: "Cerrone vs. Miller"

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Anyone else surprised that Miller is a 2-1 dog in this fight?
    Very. Maybe I'm missing something but it seems like folks either forgot Miller due to lesser competition recently (making it a good bet) or are thinking he's on the tail end of his career. Cerrone has improved over the last few fights but not dramatically IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    Secondly, I want someone to batter Nate Diaz to a damn pulp. He is such a decent fighter but I cannot stand to listen to either him or his brother talk at this point. At a certain age you just get over the shit talking of and to another man. So he is mad that he is doing his job??? His (Cerrone) job is to fight and he (Cerrone) readily admits that he was or is running out of money so he wanted more fights. Cerrone enjoys fighting, enjoys putting on a show for the fans, enjoys interacting with the fans and guys what the person who employs him pays him to do so.
    Totally agreed. The Diaz brothers take everything too personally, including contract negotiations. I remember being similar when I was younger. But the guy is 30 years old now and has been in the same business for a decade. Time to grow up...

anyone know what time the fights start?

Unregistered Guest

Default Regarding Nate...and briefly Cerrone vs Miller.

I feel really conflicted about this topic. Their is no way in hell that someone like Nate should be making 19k to show and 19k to win, the guy is an Ultimate Fighter winner (back when that actually meant something) and also one of the worlds very top lightweight fighters. On top of that he is a big draw and you could even say he is a company man, by that I mean he has always worked for Zuffa (even when every single other member of the scrap pack were fighting elsewhere). But despite all of that the fact of the matter is, he signed the contract. Their is no way around that. I feel for the guy but he should not have signed that contract and he is going to have to live with that. I can imagine how frustrating his situation is to him but the way he is trying to deal with the situation is misguided and futile. P.s War Jim Miller, he's only lost to elite competition similar to Cerrone. If I was "Cowboy" I would be concentrating on the task at hand and not talking about Nurmagomedov.

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    anyone know what time the fights start?
    Fight Pass prelim starts at 6:30 ET, so in a little less than an hour.

5. 07-17-2014, 12:38 AM

Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham
    Leonardo Mafra vs. Rick Story

Two fights I can't wait for!

Barboza vs Dunham is gonna be siiick! WAR BARBOZA via TKO domination baby!
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I am hoping the guys knee wasn't too messed up and it's something he can recover quickly from.

I would hate to have to end a fight like that.

Now I need to check my picks for the night.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

This guy is relying too much on kicks.
    Mix it up,

Sterling is my pick, forgot to say how, and he has great control in the second round.

Man ray and matt sera got some beast down there!! Nice fight sterling!!

Thread Information