Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If You Want to Grow and Be Better

Default If You Want to Grow and Be Better

Let's talk frankly about some items we NEED around here to become a bigger/better site:

1. WE NEED AN APP. Seriously. Tapatalk or whatever. It's long overdue.

2. We need SWAG. Stickers and logo t-shirts offered at a reasonable price with any leftover cost set aside for forum upgrades. This will allow the membership to attend events and give free advertisement to the site/forum.

3. We need usertags enabled in vbulletin. It should be a free add-on and essentially acts just like a hashtag on twitter or Facebook. You simply hashtag someone's name and they get a notification. It helps us connect.

4. We need a better human verification system. Whether it's an email to the staff or an install, it's seriously something we need pretty bad.

I'll have others but welcome feedback on these.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Everything SJ has said here is on point. That is everything I'd like to see added to this site and it would be very beneficial to the growth and development of mmanews.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

I like the idea of merchandise. I would love a shirt or lower back tattoo (levity in action.)

I say we try and get the ball rolling on all these ideas, as they are damn good suggestions! Alot of suggestions including an MMAnews Store are currently being discussed in the Facebook Group as well. I'd definitely purchase a shirt to rock in public myself.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

As I told you last night, the chat room function for either live or bigger events needs to happen in the short term. That generates a ton of interest and lets real-time comments happen.

Also, I'd contend that it brings out some REAL feedback on how people feel in the heat of the moment.

Apps are very expensive to have developed. I was quoted $5,000 in the past for an app for another site.

The main site and the forum have custom MOBILE sites, so they should be easy to use on cellphones.

2. We need SWAG. Stickers and logo t-shirts offered at a reasonable price with any leftover cost set aside for forum upgrades. This will allow the membership to attend events and give free advertisement to the site/forum.

I'm definitely down to have some swag made up. I'll get these made up next month and we'll sell them here on the site.

3. We need usertags enabled in vbulletin. It should be a free add-on and essentially acts just like a hashtag on twitter or Facebook. You simply hashtag someone's name and they get a notification. It helps us connect.

Simplejack, as an Admin, you should be able to enable this?

4. We need a better human verification system. Whether it's an email to the staff or an install, it's seriously something we need pretty bad.

We have a HVS set up and it has greatly cut down on the spam.

- I had a chat room open for the last UFC PPV and nobody used it and people were saying, "We'd rather discuss the show in the forum on we can see a thread of all the comments"

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post

Apps are very expensive to have developed. I was quoted $5,000 in the past for an app for another site.

The main site and the forum have custom MOBILE sites, so they should be easy to use on cellphones.

I'm definitely down to have some swag made up. I'll get these made up next month and we'll sell them here on the site.

Simplejack, as an Admin, you should be able to enable this?

We have a HVS set up and it has greatly cut down on the spam.

- I had a chat room open for the last UFC PPV and nobody used it and people were saying, "We'd rather discuss the show in the forum on we can see a thread of all the comments"
    boom. I personally was not aware of the chat room or I would of been there. Instant comments are better for live discussion rather than refreshing a thread for sure, but I see it from both sides as well.

I'm stoked to see the gear and order some! can the Mods have an MMAnews STAFF option on the back maybe? ok maybe i'm pushing it...
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Thanks for addressing.

Read below:

Tapatalk is free. It doesnt cost unless you design your own app. Design your own app through them is 69/month and up. I understand the cost concerns.

I cannot change vbulletin settings or pit in add on features.

The spam is cut back but unregistered accounts ate still posting and that shows a pretty good vulnerability.

Let's get the swag moving.

The chat room will need to be openly advertised to work. I had no idea it was even tried and I'm on here at all hours.

I hope this doesn't seem like a shot atthe site or ownership, I simply want us to improve.

how are "BANNED" accounts still able to log in and be shown as online? You already know this Mike and I know you said you are working on the moderator abilities, but I just want to reiterate that I want to be able to IP ban as I was serious when I nuked one and he came back 10 minutes later with a similar name.

we're on them tho! it's a winning war fellas, we got this.

Seems like we have addressed everything else so I'll leave it at that

I just want cookies. Is that too much to ask for?

Seriously.

FUCKING.

COOKIES.

And they better be good.

Thread Information