Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roman Reigns

Default Roman Reigns

What do you guys think about the rise of Roman Reigns?

I think he's the first guy to come along since John Cena to have the potential to be the next "Face of WWE."

WWE is protecting him and building him up slowly. He's definitely got a long way to go, but I think he'll be winning the WWE Championship at WrestleMania, hopefully from Brock Lesnar.

http://www.sescoops.com/update-wwe-p...-main-eventer/

fuck brock lesnar, everytime i think of that name now i get upset that they had HIM of all ppl end takers streak. If they were smart they could have had Reigns beat taker and that would be the major push for Reigns but like i said in the previous thread i dont know a whole lot about Reigns and or the push hes gotten from the WWE.

They're giving him the slow build for sure, probably angling for a HHH match at WM31. Probably feuds with Orton for SS, maybe with Bautista when/if he comes back. He's the the tools to be The Man for sure, but I've seen too many washouts to proclaim him heir to the throne just yet. If anybody can screw something up, it's WWE creative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    fuck brock lesnar, everytime i think of that name now i get upset that they had HIM of all ppl end takers streak. If they were smart they could have had Reigns beat taker and that would be the major push for Reigns but like i said in the previous thread i dont know a whole lot about Reigns and or the push hes gotten from the WWE.
    If you're Taker and you're wrestling your last match ever, do you let a young up and comer who could use the rub end your streak, and HOPE he pans out into something great. Or do you give Lesnar the win, former WWE and UFC Heavyweight champ.

FG will be able to articulate this far better than I can, but having Lesnar go over Taker was the right call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    having Lesnar go over Taker was the right call.
    Damn right... of all the cats out there... who has the legit credentials?
    Like it or not, Brock is a former NCAA and UFC champion... who can actually top that?
    The streak ended with a legit guy, and not with a push... that was the best call...
    And by the look on the faces... it shocked the shit out of everyone in the building... that is what rasslin' is supposed to do... make people emotional...

He's certainly got the rocket on him, he'll be main eventing Mania 31 unless something drastically changes.

Compare his current push to Bryan's near identical "Anti-Authority" push from last year and you get a perfect "How To" versus "How Not To" push a baby face. Reigns' character is getting over as a badass motherfucker. He's cool as fuck and a helluva athlete that can only be developed further, into a bigger star. With great workers around him and agents like Arn Anderson and Fit Finlay, they're going to help him get the pieces he's presently missing.

Right now, the current hangups on Reigns becoming the true "next big thing" is his relatively limited promo ability(which he's developing at a respectable rate but for a guy in that A1 main event position, he'll need to work on selling those title fights) and his ability to work long, WWE calibre main events, that traditionally require a guy to work around 20 minutes nightly.

The current trajectory is to book Reigns/Orton for Summerslam, Reigns/HHH for Battleground(that's when subscriptions need to be re-upped) and possibly a few more matches with HHH to really get his sealegs as a main eventer, maybe a brief furlough feud with Rollins and then the "Mania Run", with the "Authority" trying to fuck Reigns around every corner and Reigns taking the Rumble en route to taking on Brock at Mania. The thrill is always in the title chance and Reigns is in it for the "long haul" unless something DRASTIC changes and that'd mean he'll have to pull like, a triple Jack Swagger-level fuck-up and I don't see that happening.

Word is that at the moment Rock won't be available for Mania 31 due to the Fast7 publicity at the same time, but since they're tight (Rock's grandpa Peter and Reigns' dad consider themselves "family") but he may want to come back to do major business with Reigns at WM32 IF he thinks he can top the numbers he did with Cena, in his retirement match for big box office.

There's major money with a feud with Cena down the line, but they're really afraid of Cena getting that "Batista heat" , whereby it isn't the "Let's Go Cena, Cena Sucks" mentality, but a "Fuck you, we don't want you in this feud" shit, that's more "Go Away Heat" than anything else and they reeeeeally don't want that stink on Cena. Everybody says "turn Cena heel" but I don't think that happens until he's on his last wheels and every last drop has been squeezed out of his merchandise abilities. That said, I wouldn't be shocked if Cena fucks Reigns out of the title at WM and they go with that as the top feud in 2015 but turning Cena heel just feels like fantasy booking since Cena just moves so much merch and is such a "WWE Ambassador".....

That said, you're totally 100%, if anybody were to "kill the streak" it should've been a career maker for either Reigns or Wyatt and if they want to specifically push Reigns to the very top, that's a career maker. Then again, I've yet to hear a very sound argument for Brock ending it, since the business to do with him is so limited and not a longterm investment....

I'm high on Reigns but I wonder if he's got the INSANE work ethic of Cena, who is literally business 24/7 and played the game that my buddy Phil chose to skate from since it's such BS.

I think things will become abundantly more clearer when we start seeing more of the "HHH Vision" of the WWE product and if he'll revert to more traditional angles and builds, as logic in WWE creative is a lost concept but Hunter being trained by Kowalski and a MAJOR MARK for St. Louis "Wrestling At The Chase" and Harley Race's style, I think we'll see some cool shit over the next ten years or so. Fuck, I hope HHH can get his hands on Bobby Roode, whose entire career has been squandered by TNA's idiocy. In case you didn't know, Johnny Ace actually could've signed Roode back in the day to developmental but "DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING IN HIM", which exposes what a fucktard he truly was.

Endgame, I think Reigns has a shot at becoming the next A1 star with Cena going graciously into the "Bruno Spot", a spot that Hogan was too much of an egotistical prick to do for both Warrior and Bret....Things should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    Damn right... of all the cats out there... who has the legit credentials?
    Like it or not, Brock is a former NCAA and UFC champion... who can actually top that?
    The streak ended with a legit guy, and not with a push... that was the best call...
    And by the look on the faces... it shocked the shit out of everyone in the building... that is what rasslin' is supposed to do... make people emotional...
    This and once Brock beats Cena at Summerslam he will hold the title until Mania, thats where the big push comes for a guy like Reigns or Cesaro. They used Brock to end the streak because he is a legit badass and the young talent that goes over Brock will instantly turn into "the next big thing" (pardon the pun) I was shocked by the streak ending just like everyone else but Taker is on his last legs and isnt going to be able to do this much longer. Hell he was on dream street for more than half the match with Brock and collapsed in Gorilla. Brock can work a good match with a younger guy at Mania, do the job and pass the Torch for Taker now.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    If you're Taker and you're wrestling your last match ever, do you let a young up and comer who could use the rub end your streak, and HOPE he pans out into something great. Or do you give Lesnar the win, former WWE and UFC Heavyweight champ.

FG will be able to articulate this far better than I can, but having Lesnar go over Taker was the right call.
    I get why Vince and Vince alone made the call, Brock's legit and has an INSANE resume that makes him a legit monster.

But as a wrestling fan from the business-side, Brock is "business" only to a certain degree given his limited dates and even without "breaking the streak" he's already over like rover and I don't think he needed this extra "rub" on top of everything else. Personally, I think it benefitted Heyman more than anybody....

I think the two names that should've broken the streak would've been either Reigns or Wyatt, as it would've been a "career maker" that gets somebody over who works the house shows and can assist in drawing on a consistent basis- something of a LONG-TERM INVESTMENT, rather than those minimal shots Brock makes, that'll draw regardless.

Judging from the way they did it, it was a knee-jerk call from Vince, fearing that Taker wasn't good for another year and just figured to kill the streak. Looking back, it wasn't the show-closer and wasn't built-up as an angle to really achieve maximum effectiveness and they didn't sell Brock as a total risk leading up. Creative was shit on the build and I think it took a lot away from the SHOCK of when the three count occurred. It was a Bruno/Koloff stunned-silence moment, but I don't think the entire execution was successful and think there were superior ways to book it.

Oh and Reigns will be great if he can learn his way around the stick, until then my money is on Ambrose, that guy has it all
    Believe in Chimichanga's

sorry for jumping around but I think GP and I are posting at the same time lol. It wasnt Vince that made the call, it was Taker himself. Taker is an old school guy and those guys always go out on their back.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Thread Information