Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White defends Donald Cerrone from Nate Diaz taunts

Default Dana White defends Donald Cerrone from Nate Diaz taunts

UFC lightweight Nate Diaz has not fought since a brutal TKO win over Gray Maynard in November of 2013. Diaz wants a new contract, the UFC does not appear to want to meet his demands for increased pay, and so Diaz is basically holding out by sitting out as a negotiating strategy.
    UFC president Dana White has been mostly muted about Diaz' situation in recent weeks but in his weekly "Download" interview with UFC.com, White spoke up about Diaz after the Stockton fighter's recent tweet disparaging Donald Cerrone (below) - who fights in the UFC Fight Night main event tonight against Jim Miller.
    Cerrone and Diaz have had a long-running feud and fought at UFC 141 back in late 2011. Diaz dominated "Cowboy" en route to a unanimous decision win.
    White said Diaz is free to make his own decisions about his career but that he shouldn't bash someone like Cerrone for simply fighting often. Cerrone fought four times in 2013 and tonight's headlining bout will be the third time he's fought this year.
    "Nate can do whatever he wants to do. Nate can sit out and not suck any UFC whatever, for as long as he wants to. Who cares, he's a grown man," White said.
    "Sit out for as long as you want, sit out the rest of your career, it's your decision. But to start making fun of guys who actually like to fight, and guys who go out there and put on unbelievable fights and people love to see him? [Cowboy] steps up and does what he does. People love 'Cowboy' Cerrone.

"Nate wants to talk about making money, but there's only one way to make money, and that's fighting."
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mm...152227252.html

Hard to disagree with Dana on this one. The only way Nate gets a larger contract is to get back in the cage.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

and Cerrone picks up yet another fight bonus, that's gotta sting eh Nate? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    and Cerrone picks up yet another fight bonus, that's gotta sting eh Nate? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

That Diaz logic....

I'm pretty confident that I won't be pondering the possibilities of Nate Diaz's career had he just fought, unlike someone like Fedor if he made the move to the UFC, or Genki Sudo if he had gone on a few more years. Either Nate really isn't worried about making money by fighting, or he is seriously misled in thinking people are clamoring for the UFC to cave and sign him. I just don't think he's that popular to carry such weight.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Diaz brothers are just not bright people. Enjoy street life, literally, as a senior.

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    Diaz brothers are just not bright people. Enjoy street life, literally, as a senior.
    Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    The way he spends money Cerrone will probably be joining them. Donald's personality annoys me more than the Diaz brothers, I'm not sure what that says about me.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    The way he spends money Cerrone will probably be joining them. Donald's personality annoys me more than the Diaz brothers, I'm not sure what that says about me.
    whatever it says, I'm there next to you.

Diaz > Cerrone.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information