Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dana White defends Donald Cerrone from Nate Diaz taunts

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Me makes three.

I loved watching Diaz school Cerrone for 3 rounds.

Nate's contract is his own fault but come on...if your gonna ask him to fight Khabib for what he's getting paid, after going 1-2 in his last 3 (albeit against great competition), that's a lot of pressure and not really fair for what he makes imo.

Look at Cerrone's last 4 fights. Martins, Dunham, Barboza (pretty tough fight), and Miller. And he's getting branded into a supposed top contender fighting these guys or something? And guess how much he gets paid...57k to show, 57k to win. And here they want Nate to fight Khabib making much less than that. Barboza is actually a tough fight for Nate stylistically but he'd probably be favored to win and Nate would tool all of those other guys just as easily. I mean it's quite apparent that certain guys in similar positions are getting an easier road and I'd be unhappy as well.
    The only reason they want Nate to fight for less than Cerrone is because of the incentive laden contract he signed. He agreed to this and as RH stated, it doesn't pay well due to the structure and the level of opponent. They're simply asking him to fulfill his contract. I believe if he fired his manager and came back and put on his usual good show for a couple of fights he'd get a new contract.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

The Diaz bros will be remembered as 2 fighters who always came to bang, but their business sense was noticeably lacking; which has routinely limited their success as professional fighters.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    I have to disagree on this. I will pay to watch the Diaz brothers fight anyday. But they are stupid. Cowboy makes what he can when he can. And I think he is more exciting to watch than either Diaz brother. And for what its worth I would bet on Cowboy on a good night tooling Mate in a rematch.
    I completely disagree as well.

I love watching the Diaz brothers fight, and I love watching Cerrone fight. The way the Diaz brothers are handling their careers is a complete joke. They can sit out all they want, sit out until they are completely irrelevant, and too old to get back into the ring. They must have an oil well somewhere, because I cannot imagine them being able to generate any income outside of fighting.

It's quite simple. If you sign a contract, you live up to your contract. What Nate is doing is called negotiating after the deal - incredibly unprofessional and unacceptable. The instant someone does that in my industry, I completely lose respect for them, and look to deal with them in a completely different manner. Finish your contract, and then negotiate for what you want.

As for Cerrone, he is one of my favorite fighters. I find that he carries himself well, and I have never heard him say anything stupid or controversial - which is the exact opposite of what I continue to hear coming out of both of the Diaz brothers' mouths. He is there to fight, and looks better and better every time he does so. The speed of his kicks blew me away against Miller - very impressive. I want to see him get the next title shot - he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    As for Cerrone, he is one of my favorite fighters. I find that he carries himself well, and I have never heard him say anything stupid or controversial - which is the exact opposite of what I continue to hear coming out of both of the Diaz brothers' mouths. He is there to fight, and looks better and better every time he does so. The speed of his kicks blew me away against Miller - very impressive. I want to see him get the next title shot - he deserves it.
    well...there was that one time he started a backstage streetfight with a non-UFC fighter at a regional card, moments before said was due to go and fight for the main event; which was subsequently cancelled. It was a stunning display of lack of professionalism and fucked the fans, the fighter and the promotion that night.

It's easy to have Cerrone look good in comparing his behavior to the Diaz's, but it's not like he's above reproach.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I'd rather hang out with Cerrone for a week and go dirt biking, wake skating, RVing cross country, mudding, drinking beer and whiskey, building bonfires, shooting arrows and bullets, barhopping, watching monster trucks, and chasing women than hang with with Nate and smoke weed and go running, or uh, whatever, you know...

Oh wait, that's cause I'm from Florida and do that kind of shit.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 07-18-2014 at 09:29 PM.

Yeah...the Diaz brothers are just so dumb.

That's why Nick was getting paid extremely good to fight guys in strikeforce and got himself paid 200 K just to attend press conferences for his fight vs Condit...how many other guys can say they got 200k to attend press conferences? That's like 2 or 3 years worth of fighting for some guys. Of course a percentage of that got taken away from Nick but he still made a bunch extra.

It looks dumb now for Nate to have signed that contract but hey...at least he only made that choice because he thought he could beat Bendo. He had confidence in himself and he lost the fight. Sucks for him now.

And I would imagine hanging with Cerrone would get old really fast...anybody that likes that douchey ass Kid Rock song can't be that cool. I'd rather smoke some grade A weed and jam to some tupac and roll around California.

And yes...Cerrone would get tooled just as easily 2nd time around...whilst getting flipped off...again.
    Last edited by dbader08; 07-18-2014 at 10:08 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

I highly doubt he would get beat up like that again. If he doesn't let his emotions get to him and sticks to his kicking game, he could easily kick Nate's legs right out from under him and land a few to his skull. He just didn't have the fire in him the first fight and got suckered into Nate's game. Don't think Cerrone couldn't put Nate on his ass, cause his striking ability is much more diverse than Nate's. He took an asswhipping the first time, but I would pay to see that rematch ASAP. I wish Nate would come back to fight him instead of sending out shit talking tweets about sucking dick.

and smoking weed while rolling around the beaches in Cali would be fun and all, but Cerrone does all that shit (maybe not smoke weed, but probably), and waaaay more that has to do with living life on the road and in the outdoors. Way more adventure involved. If he actually does everything he says he does, he lives one of the best lives as a fighter, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    I'd rather hang out with Cerrone for a week and go dirt biking, wake skating, RVing cross country, mudding, drinking beer and whiskey, building bonfires, shooting arrows and bullets, barhopping, watching monster trucks, and chasing women than hang with with Nate and smoke weed and go running, or uh, whatever, you know...

Oh wait, that's cause I'm from Florida and do that kind of shit.
    Lets be real, Donald probably smokes weed also......as well as pop molly and sniff coke. People who live life on edge/in the fast lane tend to do these things.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Yeah, I bet he does, and I have no problem with that.

If he's going to consistently blow all his pay cheques I'd sure as hell hope Donald was living a good life.

I wish Nate could sort his issues out and come back for the rematch. There were some questions/excuses about Cerrone's performance the first time, there is clearly no love lost between the two of them and it would make sense in terms of rankings considering where Nate was when Dana decided to remove him from them. Have Nate dump Kogan, pay the man and book it!

Thread Information