Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dana White defends Donald Cerrone from Nate Diaz taunts

It's hard to get off strong kicks consistently when your getting backed up the whole fight...and we saw what happened when Cerrone tried to throw hands in those exchanges...he got lit up. Cerrone did land some good kicks and knees in that fight but Nate just kept on pushing forward. I'm not saying Cerrone couldn't win but I just think it's a tough match up...

Look at Cerrone's fight vs Miller. Miller was able to land some strong shots early because he was backing Donald up, but Miller quickly faded due to a lack of cardio and the body shots. Donald was already pretty touched up after that 1st round, and it would take alot more to slow a Nate Diaz down. And of course, Nate isn't at a considerable height disadvantage, like some of Donald's opponents.
    Last edited by dbader08; 07-18-2014 at 10:18 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

2. 07-18-2014, 10:35 PM

Dana White goes nuts on 'scumbag' Mike Kogan after manager refutes claim that Nate Diaz can't move UFC needle
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/18/59...iaz-needle-mma
    Kogan begs to differ, and he offered up a few cold, hard facts to the leader of the world's largest mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion to prove his theory wrong.

4.4 mil 3rd highest, 2.4mil on the night fucking Mayweather fought and Mosley was co-main and 1.2mil on shit TUF finale don't move needles?
    — Mike Kogan (@MikeKogan) July 18, 2014
    Then he got wind of Kogan's tweet and well, see for yourself.

@MikeKogan hey Kogan u scumbag POS if Nate didn't listen to ur dumb ass he wouldn't be in this position. Quit fuckin up kids careers dirtbag
    — Dana White (@danawhite) July 18, 2014
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    I highly doubt he would get beat up like that again. If he doesn't let his emotions get to him and sticks to his kicking game, he could easily kick Nate's legs right out from under him and land a few to his skull. He just didn't have the fire in him the first fight and got suckered into Nate's game. Don't think Cerrone couldn't put Nate on his ass, cause his striking ability is much more diverse than Nate's. He took an asswhipping the first time, but I would pay to see that rematch ASAP. I wish Nate would come back to fight him instead of sending out shit talking tweets about sucking dick.
    Nate is better everywhere. Literally everywhere. He hits harder, he takes strikes better, he's a better grappler.
    Certainly, Cerrone could beat him, because it's MMA.

but make no mistake, Nate is better than Cerrone. Everywhere.

and smoking weed while rolling around the beaches in Cali would be fun and all, but Cerrone does all that shit (maybe not smoke weed, but probably), and waaaay more that has to do with living life on the road and in the outdoors. Way more adventure involved. If he actually does everything he says he does, he lives one of the best lives as a fighter, imo.
    Where are you getting your information on what Nate does and doesn't do?

And why is weed bad when Nate [probably] smokes, but OK when Cerrone [probably] does?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    ...And of course, Nate isn't at a considerable height disadvantage, like nearly all of Donald's opponents.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Dana White goes nuts on 'scumbag' Mike Kogan after manager refutes claim that Nate Diaz can't move UFC needle
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/18/59...iaz-needle-mma
    ...this kind of supports my theory that Kogan has to go if Nate is going to fight for the UFC again.
    I understand valuing friendship, and I understand the difficulty of mixing friendship and business. But I can't think of one thing I've heard of that Kogan did right. Not even one.

I agree with him that Nate is a draw, but Kogan has lost any credibility by fucking up Nate's contract so badly, by supporting the unsupportable nonsense he's tweeted, but generally being a fuckup.

Nate's next best step is to fire him and hope that shows dana he's ready to make a deal.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I really hope Nate does fire Kogan, I want to see him back in action ASAP. I enjoy watching both Diaz Brothers fight and they bring it every time, the whole ordeal sucks.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

I know a lot of people on these boards don't like the way Dana conducts himself by I for one enjoyed the shit out him putting Kogan on blast like that.

This could actually be a good thing and the start of movement in the current impasse. If Dana and Kogan's relationship becomes completely irreparable then Nate might realise there is no way he gets what he wants with Kogan as his manager.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    I know a lot of people on these boards don't like the way Dana conducts himself by I for one enjoyed the shit out him putting Kogan on blast like that.

This could actually be a good thing and the start of movement in the current impasse. If Dana and Kogan's relationship becomes completely irreparable then Nate might realise there is no way he gets what he wants with Kogan as his manager.
    exactly! Nate is much better off without that tool
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Nate is better everywhere. Literally everywhere. He hits harder, he takes strikes better, he's a better grappler.

rh
    I would say Cerrone has better kicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

Where are you getting your information on what Nate does and doesn't do?

And why is weed bad when Nate [probably] smokes, but OK when Cerrone [probably] does?
    Don't get me wrong, I am definitely not taking away a thing from Nate's performance against Cerrone. I am a fan of Nate's skillset and like watching him fight. He won the first fight fair and square, was in Cerrone's head, and was just levels ahead that night. He could very well do it again, but Cerrone has the striking to take that fight against Nate on any given night as well, especially because of Nate's fight IQ. I think they're both similar in terms of where they stand as fighters, and when it comes to their skills clashing, is a great outcome. Yes, Nate's a better boxer (as that is his sole striking offense), has harder punches, has better jits, an edge in cardio but not by a landslide, and maybe can take hits better to an extent. Cerrone's striking offense capability is much more diverse due to his muay thai, and his kicks are his strongest point which he mixes in with hard knees, elbows, and punches. He has enough skill in the other areas to keep from being taken total advantage of, and he has good enough striking to beat Nate. I'm not arguing he's a better fighter, but he has what it takes to beat Nate.

As for what Nate does, i'm just giving hell. I don't know Nate. I was teasing the public perception that he smokes a ton of weed in his spare time. And I was giving dbader hell, too, and he knows that by now. I'm sure it'd be interesting to hang out with Nate, too, dbader, ha. And by the way, I don't have a problem with any fighter smoking weed.

Thread Information