Thread: UFC Fight Night: Miller and Cerrone “excited” to produce Fight of the Night performan

Default UFC Fight Night: Miller and Cerrone “excited” to produce Fight of the Night performan

The two UFC lightweights square off at Wednesday’s UFC Fight Night event in Atlantic City, New Jersey and many fans and pundits believe the two fighters’ styles match-up perfectly.
    Speaking to both men ahead of their clash, it’s clear that they each agree with that assessment and are excited at the chance to finally compete against one another.

Miller (24-4, 1NC) said: “I’m really looking forward to it. It’s a fight I’m excited about. This is a fight between two guys who’ve been ranked around each other for quite a while now and, bad timing, it just never happened before. We have styles that match up really well. Both of us are aggressive and we like to fight. So I’m excited for it. I’m excited to put on a performance.”

Cerrone (23-6, 1NC) agreed: “Stylistically, it’s going to be a good match. He’s got good wrestling and a good ground game; I’ve also got a good ground game. I’m very excited for this fight. I hope it unfolds the way everyone wants it to and it’s just a barnburner!”

Both Miller and Cerrone are riding impressive wins streaks heading into tomorrow’s main event showdown. Miller has secured two impressive finishes on the bounce, stopping both Yancy Medeiros and Fabricio Camoes via first round submission. Cerrone has scored three wins on the trot; submission wins over Edson Barboza and Evan Dunham, plus a brutal headkick knockout of Adriano Martins in January.

Although both Miller and Cerrone are prepared for the eventuality of their five round main event fight going the 25 minute distance, they each expect their trend of impressive finishes to continue.

Miller said: “I think it’s going to end very abruptly and violently. I think I’m going to catch his neck and I’m going to choke him.”

Cerrone added: “I’m going with a knockout. That’s what I’m looking for. I’m hoping to strike with him and finish him.”
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc...41998-mma.html

Beating Miller by ko is going to be hard. Beating Cerrone by submission is going to be hard. God dammit I hate and love this fight! Gooooo both guys!!! Grapplefest please!!!
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Thread Information