Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: Floyd Mayweather: Ronda Rousey? I Don't Know Who He Is

  1. #1

    Default Floyd Mayweather: Ronda Rousey? I Don't Know Who He Is

    http://www.mmanews.com/video-floyd-m...hite-responds/

    Dana White said Rousey would whoop Mayweather's ass .. Mayweather says, "Who's he?" Dana responds

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,283

    Default

    Ron Darousey vs Floyd Mayweather.

  3. #3

    Default

    Bah. I'm not surprised by any of the comments from these two.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    World of Pain!
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    Does Floyd not know that Rhonda is a women's name? For some reason I am picturing that key and peels substitute teacher skit.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,576

    Default

    Why Dana even compared Rousey and Mayweather?? Not only he is comparing (again) Boxing and MMA, but now a man and a woman??
    What kind of drugs he is taking now?

    In a MMA fight Ronda would win because she would immediately take the fight to the ground.
    But in a boxing fight, Rousey would be KOd in the first or second round.

    It is like comparing a World class pop singer with a world class Opera singer.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  6. #6

    Default

    I'm in full agreement with pashak.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    But in a boxing fight, Rousey would be KOd in the first or second minutes.
    Fixed

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,936

    Default

    You can say a lot of things about Mayweather--I'm not a big fan--but I honestly don't think he knows who Rousey is. I think he's being sincere here, and I don't think he's playing. She hasn't made an impact on the mainstream.

    Quote Originally Posted by danawhite
    What’s Floyd going to say? That’s a lose-lose situation for Floyd. For him to even acknowledge that he knows who Ronda is, and that she could possibly beat him in a fight, ya know, that’s what I’d expect him to say
    Considering this is a ploy dana used to use all the time, faking getting people's names wrong, pretending he didn't know them; I could see him making this assumption, but I don't think Mayweather is that kind of a person. dana talks for a living, he spends a lot of time thinking about what he's going to say, how he's going to say it. Floyd doesn't.

    As for ronda beating him "in a fight" the entire comparison is completely foolish and shouldn't be made. There is enough violence against women already perpetrated by men, it's a pointless exercise with the potential to do even more damage to conceptualize men and women competing in combat sports. Not to mention, MMA can be argued to be a contest, and not necessarily a fight, as in without rules. I bring this up specifically because Mayweather has severe violence against women in the past, without rules or restraint.

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Does Floyd not know that Rhonda is a women's name? For some reason I am picturing that key and peels substitute teacher skit.
    If you listen to the way it's stated, he could easily have hear "Ron DaRousy" or something like that.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,740

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	730
    USA! USA! USA!

    Stealing is wrong!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,504

    Default

    I'd have to say that her winning an ESPY for Female Athlete of the Year last night kind of makes an impact on the mainstream going forward.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •