Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UFC's Holly Holm not rushing fight with Ronda Rousey

Does Holms hit hard? Accurate? A couple stiff shots while Rousey is trying to come in would set some tone. They gotta hit and hurt though...

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    That's what I was saying. You can't put Condit out there as proof a camp doesn't train TDD well when he almost invites people to take him down and has been successful there.

I'd say just the opposite of Jackson's fighters, honestly. Most of them have well above average TDD.
    I think that was his point. That if ANYONE would have been able to make Condit switch up his game, it would have been them. Since they weren't able to do it with Condit (for better or worse) they won't be able to do it with Holm.

Moreover, he thinks Condit is better served continuing with his current style of not contesting takedowns, and that Holm should follow a similar style. Rather than spending her time learning TDD, she should learn to be effective off her back.

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I think that was his point. That if ANYONE would have been able to make Condit switch up his game, it would have been them. Since they weren't able to do it with Condit (for better or worse) they won't be able to do it with Holm.

Moreover, he thinks Condit is better served continuing with his current style of not contesting takedowns, and that Holm should follow a similar style. Rather than spending her time learning TDD, she should learn to be effective off her back.
    Yes, that was my point entirely.

It was just like Nick Diaz, who knew he wasn't gonna stop GSP from taking down, thus he worked more extensively on his BJJ game.

The statement alluded to Jackson/Winklejohn not being able to improve Condit's TDD. My response was to say that he doesn't need to so making a correction isn't warranted.

We can agree on your second half but not the first.
    Last edited by SimpleJack; 07-18-2014 at 08:58 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR NAZIS!!!!
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Jessica Eye open to fight with new UFC signee Holly Holm (or anyone else)
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/jessica...or-anyone-else
    On Wednesday’s edition of “UFC Tonight,” FOX Sports’ Ariel Helwani said Eye (10-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) had volunteered to be Holm’s first UFC opponent. Eye, though, quickly headed to Instagram and said it wasn’t a callout: “Not a call out .. I call it lets make it a show isn’t that why we watch fights for a good show ! #ufc #jessicaeye @ufc @danawhiteufc #ready #nomoredecisions”
    http://instagram.com/p/q0MoXyBEUd
    I am not punk ill fight who ever .. Hate motivates me ... I refuse to worry about Those who don't support me #ufc #jessicaeye
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information