Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor: 'I will be champion by end of year'

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    No, he has done nothing to earn those fights.

Give him Bermudez if Connor wins.
    Bermudez fights next week, but if he wins they should definitely be ready again about the same time

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    more than likely getting Poirier.
    Pretty sure that is on for UFC 178
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Will he be champ by the end of the year? Absolutely not. Will he be champion by the end of next year? Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    Conor should move up. More fights and more exciting fights there
    Faber is a weight class below Connor not above.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Faber is a weight class below Connor not above.
    yes. I wasnt saying Conor should move up to fight Faber. I was saying Conor v Faber would be a good fight

and at 150 there are more exciting fights for Conor.

sorry if that was confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Will he be champ by the end of the year? Absolutely not. Will he be champion by the end of next year? Maybe.
    If Aldo, Mendes, and Edgar all retire maybe then but he still has to beat Poirer, Swanson and others and I wouldn;t bet on him to do so.

Way to much hype fora guy that has only beat one somewhat relevant fighter

Poirier finished Brandao in the first round too. Rather than getting carried away with Conor's win I think they should match him up with Poirier and take it from there.

Conor looked good for sure, I dont really hold Brandao in that high of a regard tho so I'm still looking for something more out of him. If the match gets made with Poirier and he handles himself well then thats a different story

Cole Miller trashes Conor McGregor's UFC Dublin win, insists only comparison to Ronda Rousey is 'they're both blond'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/7/22/59...comparison-mma
    Brandao was actually a late replacement for Miller, who injured his hand in training camp and was forced to withdraw from his "Notorious" match up. But that didn't stop him from providing his mixed martial arts (MMA) assessment on Sherdog Radio (via MMA Fighting):

"I thought he looked pretty solid. It's pretty easy to look good when everything's made for you to look good. He got to fight in his home town with all those people there supporting him. He got a full camp of preparation when his opponent didn't. I don't think anyone can really judge Diego. He got in there and like I said, he didn't get his full camp. I think when these people are spoon-fed what their opinions should be they start saying the same stuff they've already been hearing from the UFC and the brass. I did see something where Dana said Conor reminds him of Ronda Rousey. That's a pretty bold statement. I told my brother they're both blond. That must be it."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Maybe you shouldnt have gotten hurt Mr.Miller. Then you wouldnt be so goddamn bitter - you would have been the one ZzZzZzZ on the octagon and not diego.

Thread Information