Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cerrone vs Khabib booked for UFC 178, briefly. Then Khabib got hurt

Default Cerrone vs Khabib booked for UFC 178, briefly. Then Khabib got hurt

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone will face Khabib Nurmagomedov at ‪#‎UFC178‬ - Winner will most likely get next Lightweight Title shot
    Move to nj if needed, but it's looking like this should be a done deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Mike Chiappetta reported this as well.. looking forward to this...

annnnnnd its gone

Cerrone doesn't mess around waiting to fight, see that Nate Diaz? Come back and rematch him cause sitting out drops you in my rankings even though you already whooped him

So if Khabib is hurt, who does Cerrone fight for a title shot? Bendo and dos Anjos fight on the 23rd of August, so that would probably be too fast of a turn around for either of them (not to mention that Cowboy has already fought and lost to both of them) so does the winner of that fight get the title shot? I hope not because at the point I'd say that Cerrone is more deserving of the title shot. In any case, I'm crossing my fingers for Cerrone vs. TJ Grant in Halifax.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

GOOOOOODDDDDDD DAMN!

I was looking forward to that fight. So who could Cerrone fight to get him that push to a title fight?

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Sucks to hear Khabib is out. If UFC fighters are training for a fight and get injured they get paid insurance money right? So Khabib would potentially get paid for getting injured today but wouldn't have if he got injured yesterday? Probably the only positive he could take out of this.

I struggle to see Cerrone as a legitimate title threat because there are a few people I don't see him getting past. Not sure who he fights next, I would enjoy a bout between him and Grant somewhere down the line if TJ ever gets cleared and rediscovers the form he had before his injury.

The fact that Pettis, dos Anjos and Hendo have already schooled Cerrone is a strong indicator that he should have more than a run against unranked guys to get a shot. Yes, Miller was ranked--that's one--but I still have Cerrone two wins away from a shot.

If Nate was still fighting, that would be 4 guys who have all thoroughly beaten him who are ranked ahead of him. I can't see arguing that he's that close.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Wow. What a Fucking bummer for Khabib.

And Cerrone probably just dodged a bullet.

Come on, Nate! REMATCH!

Thread Information