Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cerrone vs Khabib booked for UFC 178, briefly. Then Khabib got hurt

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post

annnnnnd its gone
    I would like to hear further confirmation regarding this news, especially coming from Khabib's camp.

As far as I know, Khabib being a faithful Muslim, has been taking a hiatus from training due to the month of fasting. Makes no sense for him to suddenly jump back in the gym to train, when there is still another 10 days to go for the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    I would like to hear further confirmation regarding this news, especially coming from Khabib's camp.

As far as I know, Khabib being a faithful Muslim, has been taking a hiatus from training due to the month of fasting. Makes no sense for him to suddenly jump back in the gym to train, when there is still another 10 days to go for the holiday.
    I am a Muslim. I have done a lot of different sport whilst fasting including a 20 mile bike ride up a 1 mile incline followed by a 10 mile trek and I am far from an elite athlete. I don't think it would be an issue for him to do some form of training during this month. It only really becomes an issue when doing something of a high intensity or when trying to compete against someone who isn't fasting.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    The fact that Pettis, dos Anjos and Hendo have already schooled Cerrone is a strong indicator that he should have more than a run against unranked guys to get a shot. Yes, Miller was ranked--that's one--but I still have Cerrone two wins away from a shot.

If Nate was still fighting, that would be 4 guys who have all thoroughly beaten him who are ranked ahead of him. I can't see arguing that he's that close.

rh
    I think it would be nice to see Cerrone v Diaz II because I believe Cerrone has his head on strait and could actually defeat Diaz. I as well think he should get another crack at Dos Anjos, though I know he is fighting Bendo, because with his new found focus...if he keeps it could make it a different fight.

The only guys I believe are truly going to give him fits will be guys like Bendo and Melendes as they both have good/great takedown games and as well aren't put away easily and will remain right in his face.

I honestly think Cerrone could put in a good run but he just needs a top five opponent to show he is ready for a title shot. As much as I love Bendo he is stuck in a catch 22. Even if he beats Dos Anjos he will not get the shot. If Bendo wins and then gets Gil if he loses to Pettis then and only then could I truly see a title shot in his future, justifiably.

Dos Anjos, if he beats Bendo could potentially be given a title shot.

But after those scenario's, who should get the next shot after Pettis v Gil...and Pettis getting injured again and fighting some time next fall.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Khabib's knee was scared bro.

Kabibs knee was ducking the cerrone so bad bro

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Kabibs knee was ducking the cerrone so bad bro
    Kabib's knees needs the Cheezus bro

Holy funk that made my day.

Thread Information