Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rousey vs. Carano In The Works For December (UFC 181)

If Gina beats Ronda will it be the biggest shock since Serra/GSP?

Unregistered Guest

If Gina wins, it will be via 'shocker'

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If Gina wins, it will be via 'shocker'

Even to a guy like me, thats cold!
    Last edited by Trodden; 07-19-2014 at 07:23 AM.

What is the deal with unregistered users commenting. Can we just turn the security settings all the way back up? It being hard to get on here kept alot of the trolls away.

Just when I thought that we will never see a more ridiculous title shot than Sonnen's (when he fought Jones), this happens.

I have an idea, let's bring Jose Canseco and let him fight Cain for the title. Makes sense!
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

ya as much of a fan as I am of both ladies this is pretty ridiculous... if Gina wants a one-off then I guess this is it.. but this does tarnish her brand name

how does her striking skills pose anything to challenge Ronda or does she think her grappling rivals an Olympic judoka?? idk I don't want to see Ginas pretty mug or legacy of female pioneer get tarnished...

what does she have to prove?? bleh im on both sides of the fence but will forever be on Rondas side I cant be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Just when I thought that we will never see a more ridiculous title shot than Sonnen's (when he fought Jones), this happens.

I have an idea, let's bring Jose Canseco and let him fight Cain for the title. Makes sense!
    We've seen many ridiculous title shots in the past this is nothing new ......

sam126 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    It being hard to get on here kept alot of the trolls away.
    While that's undoubtedly true, I can't imagine the number of legitimate posters the broken registration has chased off. I've personally followed this forum for years and tried on multiple occasions with multiple emails to get access. The end result was several usernames I couldn't use because a confirm email never got generated (even worse, the forum teases me by offering to send me a password and never doing it).

While this is probably the only post I'll make as an unregistered poster (so probably the only post I'll ever make on the forum altogether) because it feels like being a dude who drives through a neighborhood yelling some shit out the window as opposed to someone moving into the neighborhood, maybe for some people the limited access could keep them around until something forces admins to switch to registration software that works.

------

All that said, since I'm yelling out the window anyway:

Carano doesn't deserve a shot, but there's really no one who does. Yeah, Zingano, but I'm with the camp that says she deserves a warmup.

Carano doesn't have a legacy to protect. She was in the right place at the right time to become the face of women's MMA. It was a perfect storm of MMA breaking into the mainstream consciousness, her being the American Gladiator who could actually fight and her not being a dog. Since she's not a great actress and she's not Hollywood hot, her acting career is pretty much over. There are 2 possible results from the fight: she gets paid probably as much as she's made in the last couple of years of acting in a loss (and if she's quick, no bones broken) or by some crazy fluke she wins and she's suddenly a hot commodity in Hollywood again for a handful of years.

Whether the fight is a nice payday to punctuate the end of 2 careers as she rides off into the "roll with a real MMA fighter" circuit sunset or a defibrillation of an acting career that's about to end in a long sigh, it's good for her. It's a borderline gimme fight for the torch of women's MMA, so it's good for Ronda. Lots of people will watch it, so it's good for the UFC. Really the fight is good for everyone but people who want to see Holm fed to the wolves too soon (her assessment of facing Rousey immediately, not mine).

They are booking this fight because they are desperate - Zigano wants a tune up and Holm wants a few tune ups. Who else is there for Ronda to fight? Dana only just recently changed his tune on Cyborg. The division is too shallow to have a legitimate contender work their way up every 6 months at this early stage, so in a weird way, this fight does make sense. It buys time and brings a TREMENDOUS amount of attention to the UFC.

Gina's only chance is to keep it standing and to stay away from a close, prolonged engagement like Lyoto Machida does.

Sam126,

Pm one of the mods, riv, simple, swift can help you. That is how I got in.

I think if Gina loses (most probable outcome) then they could do a big money fight with gina vs tate.

Thread Information