Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rousey vs. Carano In The Works For December (UFC 181)

sam126 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    most likely the answer is yes, but have you verified that its not showing up in a spam folder or something?
    Yes. I checked the spam folder for all 4 email accounts on different servers for the 4 different usernames I registered (though to be honest, I've never in my life had an email that wasn't spam end up in the junk folder so I always thought it was weird that this is usually the first suspected cause of the problem).

Quote Originally Posted by sam126 View Post
    I'll admit some reluctance to sign up on facebook to discuss difficulties signing up for the forum. I don't know if my issue is unique, but here's how things have worked for me:
    I meant just join us on there in general not join us to discuss the difficulties of you not being able to sign up to the site. The Facebook Group is just an alternate way to communicate, it in no way takes place of the total amount of News articles and information this Forum has. The lot of us are on there tho
    most likely the answer is yes, but have you verified that its not showing up in a spam folder or something?
    you too good to talk to me nowadays or what? i sent you a PM the other day, tis all good tho
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    its easier to post than to join? that doesnt make sense
    In general, I've been of the opinion that the site has piss poor technical support. The level of spam that gets through is suspect, in the past there was no automated security in filtering out bad accounts (standard for years), and even now the security questions are weak (from a security standpoint).

Mods - I think you'd have a lot less work to do if the tech caught up in making your lives easier. I'd recommend starting with better security questions around anon comments and signups. The one you have today is pretty easy to get around and it's specific enough that hackers will make bots for it. You can improve it dramatically with something like reCaptcha for free. Many frameworks and forum software already have plugins for it.

I'm kind of in same boat as Sam, I don't know if I'm register or not. If I'm posting as a unregistered account I apologize. I would like to say yeah the site is having its problem, but I'm positive the mods will fix it. This is a good site !! I remember I would come here n mmanews would have news before the other guys....it was awesome!! I really hope all of us can get this site to the top again. At least that's where I think this site belongs!!

My opinion on the topic oh, it's cool and all if Gina & Ronda fight big money big ppv. I just hate the slow down in the title picture. Got girls out there like holly & cat that have been putting in the time. It's just don't feel right to me. Look at bj pen & Edgar it was cool n all then pens performances, think of all the matches Edgar could have been in.

sam126 Guest

a

Also Sam, Ive actually had a friend get himself marked as spam by my email service for sending me 2 emails in very rapid succession. I always feel like an ass suggesting a simple solution like that for someone's issue(s), but the number of times Ive had success troubleshooting a network with a question like "are you sure the cables are all plugged in?", or how many times Ive had my "has anyone seen my keys?" problem solved by "check your pockets." F*cking cargo pants!
    It's cool. I completely understand the customer service rule about starting with the simplest possibility.

Funny story: I once had a job installing key control systems for apartments. The staff were supposed to do a daily backup to the database. If they didn't, eventually the memory on the machine would get full and they'd be forced to do an emergency backup before they could get to their keys. I took a call from someone in this position and was walking her through the backup process (their system was on windows 3.1, so their database was DOS based). For 45 minutes we went through the process and it never seemed to work. I could hear her typing everything I told her over the phone. I was pulling out my hair and on the verge of just hopping in my car and doing it myself. Eventually she says, "Umm, I have a question - is there any way to be sure the computer is actually on?", my answer was, "I'll be there in 30 minutes."

It's just that with this particular issue, I've never experienced a legitimate email hitting the junk box instead of the inbox. I've had thousands of Nigerian princes who need help smuggling their fortunes out of the country or people who want to help me with my tiny dick that won't get hard (how did they know?) find their way into my main inbox, but never once the opposite.

Did you guys pm rivethead or simplejack? Go to inbox and send one of them a message.

im not going to complain, its expected at this point AND i get to look at ronda and gina for the next 4-5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    im not going to complain, its expected at this point AND i get to look at ronda and gina for the next 4-5 months.
    I see eye to eye with bonesknows on this one.

Thread Information