Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rousey vs. Carano In The Works For December (UFC 181)

How long do you think Gina will last? I think Rhonda may beat her 16 second victory. 14 second tko.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

sam126 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    How long do you think Gina will last? I think Rhonda may beat her 16 second victory. 14 second tko.
    I'd agree with you only if Gina goes the Bob Sapp route to a quick payday and tries to stand in the pocket.

If she actually intends to win, her best bet is to point fight and backpedal. Gina's not a home run hitter, she's a good on base batter. Her finishes have come because of accumulation of damage, not because she overwhelmed the opponent. Ronda, on the other hand, is all about the finish.

I think that if Gina fights smart she can drag it into the 2nd or 3rd before she gets caught. Hell, if she's quicker than I remember and has massive cardio she may be able to Bisping her way to a decision. Ronda comes out like a tasmanian devil at the start, but for all we know she'd be dead on her feet after 2 rounds.

If Rhonda really does respect Carano as much as she says, she may be a little less aggressive. But it'll be a one-sided ass kicking nonetheless. I'm guessing between 1 and 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Depends on whether or not Carano has been taking her training seriously since she started doing movies. If she's stuck to it and trained she may have evolved as a fighter in the time and improved a lot.

I really don't expect Carano to be win here but I think it would be foolish to overlook her entirely. She did go a full round at 145 against the bigger and stronger Cyborg. If she can keep her distance and Ronda at bay then she makes a fight of it.

I don't see a reason to believe Rhonda will continue to beat opponents that quickly. That was a perfect storm. If anything women will last longer b/c they won't engage as quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I don't see a reason to believe Rhonda will continue to beat opponents that quickly. That was a perfect storm. If anything women will last longer b/c they won't engage as quickly.
    Agreed anyone with title hopes in the woman's division at this point should be drilling how to avoid judo clinches and throws. They don't need to become experts at judo to beat Ronda they just need to find some effective counters.

Williamhedo Guest

Williamhedo Guest

Everyone is hammering this matchup for credibility purposes. Think of it this way though: this is a big draw for women's MMA. This may serve to benefit future paychecks for Holm, Zingano, and Cyborg. If they're able to fight on the same card/make news shortly after this fight, the interest could grow and the next shot at the women's title could draw more buys. The next contract negotiation for these ladies could give them a little more leverage. As long as the current contenders and Rousey stay healthy, this is only a positive for them.

And a Carano upset would be so freaking awesome. Remember when Fedor lost his first fight? I think one person half-heartedly predicted that. Ok, back to reality - I don't think Carano is going to get flopped as bad as Davis but will be surprised if it goes past two rounds, maybe one. Acutally, I would not be surprised if this fight never materializes anyway...

Thread Information